Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New clutch kit??

Tags
2.3 clutch zx4
3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sleepyboy 
#1 ·
I am needing to purchase a new clutch kit for my 05 ZX4 ST. No local part stores have one or can get on so i have the option of getting one through dealership or online, my decision is easy on those 2 choices, ONLINE. I am thinking of trying to get a performance kit if i can find one thats not too much more expensive then an OE replacement. Does anyone know a good website to purchase a performance clutch kit for my car? Does anyone also have any opions on performance clutch kits vs stock, or what brand(s) would you recommend for a performance clutch kit??

#3 ·
^that link wont work cause FF kills links to Focussport's site...

anyway, go type in Focussport.com and look up their exedy clutch kit line, they have everything from OE replacement kits to big power race kits. i have the exedy stage 2 clutch kit on my turbo time attack car and its been flawless for over 2 years

#4 ·
I haven't called Clutchmasters yet, but I'm thinkin' about going with their dual clutch set up (FX600), unless it's crazier than a stage 3. If someone knows something I don't please tell me, like if it's 10x more extreme than a stage 4 or 3, then I'd recommend the dual disc.
1.) Clutchmasters
2.) Nothing above stage 3, except for dual disc, unless you want to hate your life. Go with a combo pack from focus.c-f-m.com.

#9 ·
Cuz ur stock clutch can't get the power to your sweet pirellis when duratec kicks in!

#11 ·
The SVTF clutch is the worst IMO. My stock flywheel is lighter than the dual-mass SVT's not by much but still lol. Just get a clutch for your specific car. There is no need or benefit from making a clutch from a different focus fit.

#13 ·
But the will the flywheel even bolt up to a duratec? I would bet not. Has for the Zetec thats a whole different animal there. there are pro's and con's to that swap. Me personally I would like the SVTF motor with a 5-speed tranny. Call it what you will but its kinda of a dream of mine. Sweet SVT motor with close evenly spread gear ratio's (don't flame it's just a dream)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.