Focus Fanatics Forum banner

quickly MUTE the audio?

23K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  wfiveash 
#1 ·
If I just need to quickly MUTE the audio, how do I do this with my 2012 Focus Ti? There doesn't appear to be any "button". [???:)]

If there isn't, Ford should have made the center of the volume knob on the Sony panel a push button that can mute/unmute the audio.

#5 ·
Sorry, there is a red power button to the left of the cd opening if you have the Sony system. I can't speak for the others, but I would imagine it would be near the upper left portion of the face plate.

#6 ·
There is a frustrating delay on my system before the audio controls (other than "off") become useful on my MFT.

Seems to last just while MFT pairs with my phone. Which occasionally fails and it immediately falls back to a seemingly random radio station at an inappropriate volume. [:D]

Edit: Oh, you're talking about once it's been running for a while. My comment is a bit OT then.

#11 ·
Bob, you can also hit the "OK" button on the right side of your steering wheel to pause in other modes.

#13 ·
This is exactly the problem. Small design oversight on Ford's part IMO. We want to be able to pause/mute without taking our hands off the wheel. (MFT misses that point too.) They should have replaced the "M"ode button on the wheel with a pause/mute button. Put the M button somewhere else if they want, but this really doesn't need to be on the wheel at all. Pause/Mute is far more important there.

#17 ·
On my SE I use the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel to change to Line In when in Radio mode. Effectively muting since there is no input at the time. Of course if you are using Line In it will just change to whatever radio station you left it on but I don't use Line In that much so it works great 90% of the time. Just sayin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.