Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MS3 & MK2 parts that fit the MK3 Focus

67K views 92 replies 45 participants last post by  BackInBlk24 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thought I would start this thread and maybe it will become a sticky.

1. 2007-2012 MS3 rear motor mount (OEM or aftermarket. Helps with wheel-hop and provides a more "connected" feel between the chassis and drivetrain. Better shifts as well.). You can order at local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40

1.5) Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9

2. 2007-2012 MS3 springs (2010-2012 recommended). Excellent results, but if you want an even front to rear ride height, you should cut 1/2 to 1 coil from the bottom of the front springs.

3. MK2 headers such as F2 and FSwerks fit with out issue, just get the longer flex pipe when ordering.

4. 2010+ MS3 struts (with modification) and rear shocks. See this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291074

As we add parts, I will add to the list. I know that amoosenamedhank is working on putting MS3 swaybars on the MK3 Focus as well...

See less See more
#10 ·
In that case I may be spending some money hopefully in next few months. gotta save. But I seen some Raceland coilovers for the MS3 I want to try. They say they are for 07-09 MS3. Nothing Fancy like dampeners or anything. just threaded Strut shaft for the front to adjust height and looks like pring and threaded sleeve for rear.

Being part of the Scion community they have been a good cheap coilover alternative. For $370 they get people lower than springs but not as low as the $1000 coilovers (like the ksports i have on my other vehicle) and they don't have the camber/dampening options. But I know people who have been running them daily for a while with no issues.

#9 ·
If we have the stock part number for something lets update the first post so others dont have to search for it. I added the stock MS3 RMM part number to post one

#19 ·
Mazdaspeedforums.org

Speedforums.org

The first of course is Mazda specific, and the second isn't but has a large group of ex MSF members.

Both of these places probably offer a good amount of used MS3 parts, 1st and 2nd gen, and a lot of the guys are both sites are great, with their exceptions, of course.

For MSF, you do have to join and donate to get access to the FS/FT section, their way to weed out the spammers and scammers, no idea how SF.org does their FS stuff, never joined up, since I traded the MS3 in for my Focus.

#28 ·
So to clarify one last time about the MS3 RMM, it makes the car feel more connected to the road? Is there any noticable changes in vibration? All that is needed is the RMM and that bolt? (or hardware store bolt)?

I have a DCT so what changes would I experience with this mod? I am really concerned about vibration...I want none of that.

#29 ·
I doesn't feel more connected to the road. It makes the engine feel more connected to the car. In other words, when you accelerate, you will feel a more immediate, direct response to the wheels. I noticed no increase in vibration at all in my manual trans.-equipped car, just a more "connected" feel to the engine.

All you need is the mount and a bolt, whether you buy the Mazda bolt or a hardware store bolt is up to you.