Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Pitch Black SVT

69K views 312 replies 37 participants last post by  Gwizzy 
#1 ·
I'm starting a "sort of" build thread for my car. I am not planning on doing anything crazy(for now) but there are a few things that I plan on doing with my car. I hope it's build thread worthy.

Current mods:
K&N Typhoon short ram intake
LED Tail lights
Yellow fogs
Fog light mod
Blue interior accent lighting
Tints
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X796

Mods I want:
Borla exhaust
CFM 67mm throttle body
MACH HID's
Steeda Short Throw shifter
Euro grill (purchased)
Full LED conversion(about halfway done)
Re-paint the brakes(in the process)
Paint the valve covers(Ford Blue)
Supercharger(not for a while)

The interior lighting

Interior light switch & amp on/off

LED wiring under the console

LED tails (Spyder Auto)

Yellow fogs (Rvinyl overlays)

Calipers

Hope you enjoy!

-sbc

See less See more
#2 ·
I absolutely love everything that you have done so far!

[welcome] to FF! [ffrocks]

There are a few things that I would change. Now keep in mind that this is for a clean OEM+ look that I think you need to do. Get rid of those switches, make that OEM again... Paint your stock brakes back to black. That's it, besides getting either Mach HID's or ST170's and lowering a bit more. You got a good car, please don't take it in the wrong direction.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input. When I bought the car about 4 months ago the brakes where already blue. They were pretty faded so I went with Ford Blue.

Don't worry I'm not gonna "rice" it up.
; )

-sbc

#9 ·
That entire section of the console is removable on the SVT's and some higher trim models of Foci. The OP should have no problem un-doing that.

The Focus came with way too many different types of consoles, it's ridiculous. Some had a removable piece around the shifter, some armrests, some pen-holders, some aux ports, some extra pockets, etc.

#24 ·
Yea that's true. I'm thinkin the next BIG purchase is gonna be the Borla exhaust next summer. If I can I want to squeeze the throttle body in by the end of he year.

Done with the drivers side. Now I have to play the waiting game for an hour or so till I put the wheels back on.

-sbc

#26 ·
I did it myself actually. Kind a pain in the a**. The rear window took me 4 tries I think. The others weren't to bad. My 2 cents about the whole experience would be to TAKE YOUR TIME! Lol. Its more of an art that a project. I can see why people pay someone to do it.

-sbc

#28 ·
I went with 20% in the rears and the hatch. I did 35% on the fronts with a 20% visor for the windshield. It can be pretty tedious.

I like what your doing with the zx3. Looks nice. The blue accent lights are awesome. I had I get some blue tape to put over mine because they were to bright and made lots of glare on my windows.

#29 ·
if you looked at my album pics my interior isn't white anymore lol. but my leds are junk. one strip burned 3/4 of the bulbs within a month. i want to rewire new ones, possibly 3 different colors to separate switches.

what kind do you have? what's the little box under the console?

#30 ·
The white was pretty cool. Are they back to black?

If you search amazon for "vision x led light bar" it should be the blue ones listed. I bought 6" pair for the footwells and a 12" pair for under the seats. After getting them wired I realized that the 12" ones were not needed. The 6" ones give out plenty of light. I wired both sets with in-line fuses(2 amp each) and then to the switch In the console.

The little boxes under the console are the "brains". There is a on/off switch and a "beat" mode. Your supposed to put it near a sub and the light will go on and off with the bass hits. Pretty stupid idea for driving. Lol

-sbc

#31 ·
yeah my interior pieces are flat black.

so you have the tubes? i'm sure they are bright, but i've heard a few things about them easily breakable, once one blows, they all blow, etc.

i also have a blue led dome light and blue leds in the hatch compartment! and my calipers/drums are blue like yours

#32 ·
That's sweet man. I love having blue accents in a black car.
I haven't broken on yet but I could see how it would be easy to break them. I put them in spots where it would be least likely to come I contact with a rogue shoe. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.