Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012+ Focus Aftermarket Parts & Mods Info Thread.

282K views 185 replies 86 participants last post by  adamjoeyork 
#1 · (Edited)
2012+ NA Mk. 3 Ford Focus Aftermarket Parts, Mods & Info

This will be a compilation list of the most common known, important 2012+ / Mk.III NA Focus performance aftermarket parts. Listed here are parts either specified by the manufacturer for our specific application, or as also applying to the 2012+ Focus. This is not a list of parts from the older Focus that fit. That thread can be found here. This list is possibly incomplete (I don't know everything! PM me or reply to thread with spots). All Tirerack links retrieved through our Upgrade Garage portal in the wheels/tires section of FF. I've tried to include some links to threads with info regarding some of the mods. Remember, new folks, SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND. [cool]

Also, before you do anything to your car, read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. For your warranty claim to be denied or voided, your dealer/service dept. has to prove that the part caused the failure. Bear that in mind. I'm not going to tell you whether or not you should mod your car, whether or not you should mod a leased car, etc. That's a discussion for elsewhere. However, take it with a grain of salt other peoples' experiences of modifying a car and then going back to stock when something goes wrong. If your dealership finds out and leaves you out in the cold--that will be on you, and not them. This includes flashing new maps to the ECU, and they can find that information out rather easily. Do your research, assess the risks vs. benefits, and make your own decision. Use all due diligence as appropriate.

ECU Tuning:​
There is now tuning., but Check both [Here - SCT tuning release thread] and HERE [The Injected Engineering thread] for updates and HERE [The Tuning Poll]. FSWERKS is currently in the midst of testing with the SCT software, so expect something from them soon. They are currently testing work with the Mk3. If you want a device from them, get in touch with Randy from FSWERKS (You need to know your ECU Strategy code, which can be found on the ECU itself or read through OBD-II).

At present, you can obtain tuning for the 2012+ Focus (Manual only), off the shelf, by updating the firmware of an X3, as per the SCT site. Details for support for other hardware are forthcoming from them. Awaiting details for sales of pre-loaded flashers with 2012+ tuning options. Also, as of Mid-June, Injected Engineering now has a tuning solution for both 5-Speed & DCT equipped vehicles. If you have an X3 with the updated software and are local to an authorized/experienced SCT tuning shop, you can likely get a custom dyno tune there. Your mileage may and will vary. COBB Tuning's AccessPort is only for the Ecoboost-equipped ST.

Suspension:

Believe it or not, we have a lot of suspension options. Remember that if you go lower, you will need to adjust your alignment. If you go low with just springs, you will wear your stock shocks faster. As of yet there's only scant reports of stand-alone shocks for the 2012+ Focus. That'll probably change soon. FSWERKS & Tirerack both sell camber bolts and alignment supplies. Also, account for your wheels or planned wheel size when messing with lowering. Please go to the Suspension Subforum for more suspension info. :) Also, you can find some very basic information about the importance of wheel alignment here.

A brief note on Mk.3 Suspension: Doubtless you may know by now that the 2012+ Focus came in three suspension variations. The base suspension, the sport suspension, and the Titanium Handling Package. As far as I know, the Ford Racing Performance handling kit is nearly the same if not identical to the Handling Package minus the steering angle block. The SE Sport suspension is labled on ETIS as the 'touring suspension', which a few of us have narrowed down to different shocks and springs than the base, but not the same as the THP. There may be some parts commonality. But it is not the same as the stock suspension, and it's reflected in the SE Sport pack ride height. We believe the dampers/shocks/struts to be the same as the THP, but with softer springs. If you have some additional info, please PM me.

Lowering Springs:

Shocks/Dampers

Swaybars/Rollbars/Endlinks;

Coilover Suspension Kits:
The H&Rs and KW V1s are not adjustable for dampening. They are height-adjustable only. They're tuned from the factory for the best compromise. (Need more KSport retailers; KSport only in the last couple of weeks confirmed fitment; they make 4 models for the Focus; Kontrol Pro, Spec AR, Circuit Pro, and Version RR. Only found the first two with pricing).
(Also, if you know some more KW retailers with pricing for V1-V3, please message/reply here). One thread with some coilover experiences/info [Here.] Also, from what I have heard on several other car communities, the D2 and KSport coilovers are largely the same unit and are fabricated in the same place and marketed under different brands by region. Di with that info what you like. Here's some information on peoples' experiences with the VMaxx Coilovers [Thanks, Dyno085].

Suspension Kits:

Control Arms etc:

Braking:

See less See more
#3 ·
for motor mounts add the e-Focus mount. Part Number: CM5Z-6068-A

There is also the Mazda 3 mount. It will also need a bolt. Part number: BBN5-39-040 and the bolt needed is: 9YAO-2A-226A

Reactions: dberman12
#6 ·
Suss, do you have an install thread for the ST exhaust? I know you've done the mod, but I didn't include it because it wasn't application-specific.

If you read the post carefully you will see that I have a link to both major threads about the MS3 and Focus Electric mounts, as well as that this thread is designed primarily for parts designed to work on our car. The ST mounts on the list are also confirmed application for the NA 2012+ Focus. However, I've edited the description/info section on the motor mounts with the part numbers so those looking for them can find them more easily.

#4 ·
With two small tweaks a cut (so it would come off of the car without removing the rear suspension) factory stock ST exhaust bolts right up and tucks into the exhaust tunnel just like the stock exhaust, but gives you the 2.5" OD piping and center exit exhaust.

#7 ·
It may be worth linking to the MS3 spring install then too.

#11 ·
Given that the ST guys and NA guys are swapping in the same E-focus mount I think it's pretty likely.

#14 ·
Instead, you could just increase text size in your browser. [facepalm]

#24 ·
Ok so who's going to be the first to line up to get the Recaro seats from ford racing?

It's only got an MSRP of $2995 for the pair complete with airbags and wiring harnesses.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22871

I already have the smoke storm Recaros in my ST2, I love them to death so far, but I don't know that I would spend the better part of 12% of the base price of the ST1, or a loaded SE 201A, etc.

#25 ·
Ok so who's going to be the first to line up to get the Recaro seats from ford racing?
It would almost be worth it for me to stop my sweatback problem. Almost.

But since I've already bought an ST wing and I'm trying to stop myself from buying projectors [and these seats], I could have just bought an ST and had everything I ever wanted without having to install it myself. haha

#27 ·
Sorry folks, been away from the forum for a few weeks, so I haven't really had the opportunity to catch up with what's going on in the Focus world. The first post has been updated with:

• Turbotech's new upper engine mount
  • The now-available Bilstein HD shocks
  • and of course, Injected Engineering's I.E.T. tuner.

I need to find a bit more info about those D2 coils before I throw them up on there...

Also, those Ford Racing seats look niiiice! So much money, however.

#29 ·
Please note that although the description and picture on TireRack of the Eibach Sport System Plus shows springs, sways, AND dampers, it's just springs and sways like the Pro Plus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.