Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How To:Sony 10 Speaker Subwoofer Mod

15K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Hempster 
#1 ·
What you need:
Polyfill you can get a pretty big bag from Walmart fairly cheap.
10mm socket (deep well works best) and wrench if want for the bottom bolts.
T-27 torx bit
5/16" socket (not sure on metric version my sets did not go that low.)

For instructions please watch this video.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
If you can ... one day. Do a photo version with a bit more info.

The Video, is kinda hard to hear and visualize with one angle. Just some ideas to help with a better video of any how-tos in the future.

Ray

#6 ·
I more or less skimmed through the video. All i noticed is that you uninstalled the sub and then re-installed it.

This thread is really lacking in the description aspect. I am not quite sure what you are doing.

In the materials needed you listed poly-fill... did you add this to the sub woofer enclosure?

What did this accomplish?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Yeah just did mine today take the sub and sub box out and just stuff the box full of poly fill deff helps deadin the sound a bunch, I myself am goin to figure a way to hack into the harness and install a new amp and sub not loud enough for my taste

#13 ·
I tried this MOD out on the weekend and have to say, not too impressed. It doesn't sound any deeper to me and now seems to lack any sort of punch!
Maybe it's just me, but even for $3.00 ($6.00 in Walmart Canada) I don't think it's worth it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.