Please Stop Safely - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
akarer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117302
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 akarer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@FordCustomerService - I sent the information separately. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
hxbruno
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117404
What I Drive: mazda 5

FF Reputation: 1 hxbruno Good Standing Member
I was seriously thinking about leasing a Ford focus electric. Took it overnight and almost signed the papers yesterday until I read about the "stop safely now" issue. I immediately called my dealer and they said that the car I would be leasing, 2013 ford focus electric, is all up to date with the latest software and everything is good to go. Should I believe them? Is the stop safely now a simple software update? I really love the car but if my life could be at risk I don't even want to consider it. Does anyone know if there has been a fix for this?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
akarer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117302
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 akarer Good Standing Member
Stop Safely Now

I got my card back last night. They informed me that the error codes pointed to an issue with one of the cooling pumps (apparently there are 3 of them) and that they have replaced it.

They are confident issue is fixed. I have only driven 20 miles since then.

Let's see...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
hxbruno
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117404
What I Drive: mazda 5

FF Reputation: 1 hxbruno Good Standing Member
thanks for the info. I am so bummed I read about this. I was so ready to get one! keep us posted if you can.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarer View Post
I got my card back last night. They informed me that the error codes pointed to an issue with one of the cooling pumps (apparently there are 3 of them) and that they have replaced it.

They are confident issue is fixed. I have only driven 20 miles since then.

Let's see...
Keep me in the loop, akarer. You know how to reach me if you need any extra help. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
Zwolf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114663
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2013 Electric

FF Reputation: 1 Zwolf Good Standing Member
Hello, FYI, we got the new firmware in the car last month. Got a few new screens to look at now.

Now over a month later, got the SSN message for the first time, this time while STOPPED at the traffic light.

The events as followed at about 7:30pm :
1 - "Stop Safely Now" We are already stopped at the traffic light !
2 - "It is Hot Outside" No kidding, this is Houston Texas, mid 90's right now.
3 - "Check Manual"
4 - "Charge Now", car had 57 mile left to go before empty, so why does it need charging?

Put the car in park, turned off the car, put the flashers on because the car with stuck at the traffic lights. Tried starting the car again about 3 times in a in a 7 minute period. Finally the last time it started.

The fan to cool the car down while in motion was working al the way to the point where the car was parked. Car now has 55 mile left to go and we plugged the car in to get charged back up.

I check the MyFordMobile phone app and checked the Activity Log, last thing in the log was "Car is fully charged" that was on 08/01/13, today is 08/03/13, so I am missing a few days. No other alerts in the log in the last few days.

Now the question why? Was it too hot out for the car today?

Allan

2013 FFE.

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
ComedyGuy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118412
What I Drive: 2013 Black Ford Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 ComedyGuy Good Standing Member
I'd Wait.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxbruno View Post
I was seriously thinking about leasing a Ford focus electric. Took it overnight and almost signed the papers yesterday until I read about the "stop safely now" issue. I immediately called my dealer and they said that the car I would be leasing, 2013 ford focus electric, is all up to date with the latest software and everything is good to go. Should I believe them? Is the stop safely now a simple software update? I really love the car but if my life could be at risk I don't even want to consider it. Does anyone know if there has been a fix for this?
I'd wait......

I have a one month old FFE with the very latest downloaded software and my daughter got the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" message on a busy street Wednesday (8/28/13). A very dangerous problem in my opinion.

I did all my homework, read the forums, compared the electric models from Tesla to Fit. I thought I was careful and had considered everything. I saw the SSN threads and had thought it was resolved. it isn't.

I feel safer having my daughter drive our 2007 Prius than the 2013 Electric Focus. That's disappointing to say the least......

Bookmarks & Social Networks