Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Shelby Focus ST Pictures

59K views 105 replies 64 participants last post by  Tre916 
#1 ·
Press Release: The new era of Shelby Pocket Rocket has arrived on the NEW Eco-Boost powered 252 horsepower Shelby Focus ST. Shelby performance upgrades in the suspension, brakes, exhaust, wheels and tires turn this popular Ford Focus into a road course dream while still delivering up to 40mpg. Shelby styling cues quickly set this car apart from the pack combining today’s aggressive lines with design points that are uniquely Shelby.
Limited to just 500 cars per year this Shelby serial numbered original will quickly become a hit among first time Shelby owners young and old, and will find its way into the stable of the most seasoned collector.

WIN OR FAIL? CAST YOUR VOTE HERE

Standard Features:
  • Shelby Spec front brake upgrade
  • Shelby Spec rear rotor upgrade
  • Shelby Spec short throw shifter
  • Shelby/Ford Racing suspension package
  • Shelby/Borla Cat Back exhaust
  • Shelby engine appearance package
  • Shelby premium interior package
  • Shelby badges
  • Shelby exterior package (Hood heat extractors, hydrocarbon accents, vinyl graphics)
Optional Features:
  • Shelby Performance Tuning
  • Carbon Fiber hood
PDF Download

Shelby Focus ST, Shelby Ford Focus ST, Focus ST Shelby

See less See more
#2 ·
Hm. Doesn't work for me. I don't mind the stock TS color, though it wouldn't be my choice. But adding all the black makes it look like some sort of highway department maintenance vehicle. And I like the original hexagonal exhaust. Generic twin circles loses that bit of distinctiveness.

#4 ·
These are the base ST seats rewrapped in leather. Only the ST2-3 get the recaro front seats in North America, the ST2 in the half leather half cloth two tone patterns, and the ST3 in the full leather heated recaro seats.

#6 ·
That is one of the big reasons this is a fail for me. $15k for no increase in power (other than the exhaust). Shelby: Oh, you want more performance? That's an option. More money please.

And I'm willing to bet the tune doesn't match what Cobb and SCT have been able to provide.

#7 ·
For the most part it's cosmetics like I expected but at leat you get nice brakes and the suspension but I could do more with less if I started with an ST. For the money it will still be chasing cheaper stock competition.

#9 ·
I hear ya on that. The same engine in my escape, I'm only getting 20 on a good day. (its supposed to be rated at 29 on the highway)

#10 ·
15k...you can get the same performance upgrades for, im sure, a fraction of that price...and again...no additional power?

The seats just look like they are cheap seat covers that dont even fit right.

Compare the changes between:

Normal Ford Mustang GT to Shelby GT500 Mustang

and

Normal Focus ST to Shelby Focus ST

And they advertise "new era of shelby pocket rocket"?? with no increase in power(and if there is with the chip...minimal im sure)
**disclaimer: if the above comment was made by FF Admin who started the thread then disregard my "pocket rocket" statement and revert back to the models comparison :)

FAIL

#13 ·
15k...you can get the same performance upgrades for, im sure, a fraction of that price...and again...no additional power?

The seats just look like they are cheap seat covers that dont even fit right.

Compare the changes between:

Normal Ford Mustang GT to Shelby GT500 Mustang

and

Normal Focus ST to Shelby Focus ST

FAIL
The Ford Mustang GT and Shelby GT500 are both factory production Ford designed and built efforts.

The GT350 and GT500 Super Snake were the Shelby tuned Mustangs, besides the older Shelby GT which was much more tame than the Shelby Focus ST, but would have been roughly similar (Ford racing catback exhaust and cold air intake were about the extent of the modifications afaik).

I'm not defending Shelby, but to compare the basic GT500 is not a fair fight since that was not worked on at all by Shelby American, only Ford. They have done many untasteful things and pushed the envelope more with the super snake, and the 1000 hp supersnakes etc... Ford tuned for reliability and durability, where as Shelby didn't care as much about that.

#12 ·
What Shelby did here is work on an ST1, so they're the base seats reupholstered. I agree that it needs Recaros though.

#16 ·
I like the wheels and brakes etc, but it's been said once twice three times and I will kill the dead horse...THOSE SEATS SUCK! I mean come on now...your talking someone who wants to RACE using this car, not someone who wants to drive it. I like the subtle exterior and suspension mods and the hood scoops, but as stated before, I'm sure this could be had for cheaper or more the way you like for the same price.

I also don't like that gaudy SHELBY on the rear sorry...I
m surprised no one brought that up yet?

#23 ·
Some of you are complaining about mpg? I don't know my 07 focus has been great on the highway for mpg. I know my car has a lil bit older technology but its the same engine just designed a lil bit different and they added a turbo to it. They claimed on my model 35mpg highway and I somehow surpassed that to 42mpg highway on a misfire on the number 1 cylinder driving out to California. If they claim it gets 40mpg then it has to. Everyone's definition of driving like a grandma is different. I know some grandma's that can't keep the gas pedal off the floor board i.e my very own grandmother.

#106 ·
The ST's engine is not the same as your '07 and is rated at 29 highway and about 22 city, so claiming that this Shelby version gets 40 is a bit hard to believe. Additionally, the ST has a economy shift indicator that pretty much tells you to shift at about 2100rpm unless you're going up hill or accelerating hard. So his "driving like a grandma" likely means that he was following that shift indicator as close as he could.

I hope this helps you understand our disbelief.

#25 ·
Pros: Looks.

Cons: Seats, engine performance.

I wish they would have brought the power to 400 'ST 400'
upgraded the differential.

Im sure Mr.Shelby would be pretty ashamed if he saw that they didnt do any thing to boost power. If he was still alive, he would make the new owners boost the power.

RIP Mr.Shelby

BTW: im going to copywrite "ST400" so if shelby decides to use it they have to give me $100,000 and a GT1000[neener]

#27 ·
Doesn't work for me. I prefer the more understated factory versions. As for the seats I will say this. I have been in two ST2s and if you are a bit broad of beam the Recaros could give you some trouble. Having said that I fit fine and would find myself longing for them. The headrests in the Shelby look to be more accommodating of helmets though. As for mileage I have gotten 30 mpg from my SVT on the highway with the AC on at 75-80 mph. I don't see 40 in the realm of possibility. What kind of suspension upgrades? Looks lowered so the already firm setup is even firmer with less travel. Not what I need for the roads in my area. The Borla is not as sexy as the stock setup. This looks like a track toy more than a daily driver. If you really want to improve on the original increase the size of the gas tank by three gallons and loose the full size spare to make a bigger trunk. My SVT has more gas and a bigger trunk by far and I have the subwoofer eating up a few feet. Stll want one though.[cheers]

#31 ·
I think Mr. Shelby would have done a Focus....matter of fact I'd bet on it. Anyone remember the Dodge Omni GLH-S ???? Now, THAT was a pocket rocket!! This car is alright, but it's meant for the masses. It's geared to those that the stock ST power is more than enough AND they want to be able to say they own a Shelby. I blame people like Roush & Saleen for all these tape job car running around. Remember back in the mid 80's?? You could get a Saleen that had no performance enhancement over a stock GT. Of course the good thing that came out of it was, companies started putting out more 'packages' that the parts worked well together.

My belief as far as "Shelby" goes is, they should stick to the way things were in the 60's. Lets offer a motor that you can't get in this model from the manufacture, and parts to support/upgrade the platform. I'd rather pay $15K for a 2.5L Ecoboost making 302hp, w/LSD and a handling pack, no graphics, stock colors (maybe one or two colors not offered by the manufacture) and some better brakes (even if it's just a better compound).

#36 ·
What the hell?

What the hell. Is that a typo meant to read carbonfibre OR are they indicating that the interior smells like someone spilled petrol?

If its a Shelby is should have Recaro's. Those look like my stock Focus SE seats with seat covers.
Hydrocarbon is fake carbon fiber; the parts are dipped in a solution and the pattern is transferred to them.

The seats are ST1s recovered.

#37 ·
It's probably good he's not alive to see this $15000 dress up job. My $35k STI has much more technology in it than that Focus could ever dream of having and another $5k into the Subi will knock it up over 400hp easily. Just too much money for what you get when there's better and quicker options for cheaper.

#38 ·
I can do all that to the car for under $5,000

Wheels and tires 2,000
Exhaust through Borla $700
Drilled Slotted rotors and Performance Pads Front and Back $600
Vinly I do not want. Interior is crap compared to st2 seating. I don't know what to think. This is quite the disappointment to be honest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.