Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Shelby Focus ST Pictures

59K views 105 replies 64 participants last post by  Tre916 
#1 ·
Press Release: The new era of Shelby Pocket Rocket has arrived on the NEW Eco-Boost powered 252 horsepower Shelby Focus ST. Shelby performance upgrades in the suspension, brakes, exhaust, wheels and tires turn this popular Ford Focus into a road course dream while still delivering up to 40mpg. Shelby styling cues quickly set this car apart from the pack combining today’s aggressive lines with design points that are uniquely Shelby.
Limited to just 500 cars per year this Shelby serial numbered original will quickly become a hit among first time Shelby owners young and old, and will find its way into the stable of the most seasoned collector.

WIN OR FAIL? CAST YOUR VOTE HERE

Standard Features:
  • Shelby Spec front brake upgrade
  • Shelby Spec rear rotor upgrade
  • Shelby Spec short throw shifter
  • Shelby/Ford Racing suspension package
  • Shelby/Borla Cat Back exhaust
  • Shelby engine appearance package
  • Shelby premium interior package
  • Shelby badges
  • Shelby exterior package (Hood heat extractors, hydrocarbon accents, vinyl graphics)
Optional Features:
  • Shelby Performance Tuning
  • Carbon Fiber hood
PDF Download

Shelby Focus ST, Shelby Ford Focus ST, Focus ST Shelby

See less See more
#80 ·
I really like the looks and upgrades but TRULY not worth the extra money! Then again since Carroll Shelby's passing and limited production #'s of the Shelby Focus ST it may be worth some $ 20 years from now.

$15K is WAY too much for the limited upgrades.

Anyone have any idea how many Shelby ST's will be produced?

#83 ·
True, the first trail balloon is more of a styling exercise than a real Shelby which has always been about performance.

Even Dodge Shelby's where a improvement over standard Dodge offerings and not just new wheels, some minor suspension adjustments, stripe package and interior treatments.

Shelby is doing packages, so maybe for $20K over the standard ST, they would add a mechanical LSD and upgrade the power to about 300hp.

STi and top of the line EVO X all run about $40K so it really needs to match or come close to the performance of those cars.

#84 ·
Not sure about the car holding much value, aside from the very old mustangs & daytonas, the dodges he did in the 80's can still be bought for between 3-7 grand, with the most expensive I've seen at $13k, and its been 'for sale' for 10 years now. We bought our 86 GLHS for $3,000, we've repaired it a bit, still got a lot of work to go on it as well. But I will say that car is amazing, corners like its on rails, and busts out of the gate like its got a rocket up its rear.

For the cost of this Shelby, you can have a nice ST, AND get one of the old GLHS's, AND have more fun driving either one of them.

#86 ·
What a piece of shit. Is this how cheap Shelby has become since the death of Mr Shelby? I wouldn't pay a penny more than $27K for it. Ooh, lets add katskinz seat covers and some stickers and call it a Shelby. Bitch please. Anything shy of 350whp is a waste of Shelby badging. And for $15K, it should have at least 350whp.

#89 ·
I toured Shelby American back in May and got to speak with some of the engineers. At that point in time they had only sold 12 cars. They had 2 being built in the garage and one finished that I got to see drive by. They do nice work there, but 15k is still a bit pricey for what you get. I asked if they had any interest in selling pieces individually and they said no. They also mentioned that they have no plans for a Shelby Fiesta ST.

#100 ·
I'll pass and keep my 03. There are too many doors! [thumbd] Why doesn't Ford sell the Focus as a 2 door? [scratch]

#101 ·
Based on a lack of sales for the three door models in the previous generation of Focus in Europe the company decided it was best not to pursue the market for a 3 door C segment automobile. Since they dropped it for Europe they weren't going to build one just for the U.S.

I'd much rather see the wagon here than the space inefficient 3-door coupe anyway.

Only the b segment (Fiesta, etc) sell in large volumes in Europe as a 3-door hatch, the C segment needs to be a more practical family car and the 3-door just doesn't cut it.

#104 ·
well I like the new Shelby but agree with you about the central exhaust on the back. I enjoy the carbon fiber look of the yellow one I think it makes it look clean seats could use to be the Recaros always a nice upgrade and I imagine for the price point this will be at an expected upgrade.all in all very much like the st. Models not much change in exterior look in my opinion I expected a little more flair

#105 ·
Dude my 2002 SVT Focus has 291,000+ miles and only have had to change the oil( only use the motorcraft 5w20 and a filter with a check valve in it) until I neglected it and blew the head gasket at 280,000. The cylinders still had the cross hatch marks and no ridge from the rings. I studded the block and it running stronger then ever... I just wish someone could tell me it's true Horse Power from the factory.. Considering I use to work at a ford dealership and know the 170 HP they say isn't correct... But on another note it love the new ST's but couldn't come close to get one....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.