Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Steeda CAI Now Available

72K views 429 replies 68 participants last post by  Creative 
#1 ·
#406 ·
Intake tube = throttle body to MAF housing
MAF housing = what the MAF sensor is in. (This is what Steeda redesigned w/velocity stack)

#408 ·
Steeda redesigned the MAF housing. They use the stock intake tube. K&N redesigned the intake tube, and kept the stock MAF housing. The previous discussion seemed to have the terms confused.

Here:

The intake tube from steeda was custom designed using CAD data supplied by Ford. I'm assuming that they have maxed out the efficiency of the design.
The MAF housing was custom designed, not the intake tube.

#410 ·
Albarry, THANK YOU !

#412 ·
It sounds great. I also gave you one point rep for it. [woot]
Were you with the windows down ?

#415 ·
How do you like it in d mode? I have the reg Dct with d and l and I find it a little strange with light throttle between 1500 and 2000 especially during the shifts almost like its barking lol. During full throttle sounds insane.

#421 ·
Just received and installed the Steeda CAI. Packaging was good, manufacturing was good, instrustions good. I would have preferred that all pictures be printed on the same page as the item description - it was a little annoying to have to read the instruction, and then flip the page over to see the picture. Also, the labeling on the fasteners could have been a little bit better. We figured it out without too much trouble, but that's the thing that is the difference between a 9.5 and a 10, you know?

Took about 1hour 20minutes with the help of my 9y/o. Stuff came out as detailed, stuff went in as detailed. Pretty straight forward, and anyone with intermediate skills could pull it off alone. Not really a beginner mod without help - it's the little things like properly removing clips, hoses, etc, that could be really expensive if you don't know how to do them.

The intake is LOUD and WOT. Really loud. I haven't noticed too much of a change in the butt dyno, it sounds really cool. gas mileage is dropping dramatically because the thing really comes alive at about 3500rpm and efficiency isn't so good when you're riding around WOT. You know how it is. It gets intusive after 6000rpm, though. I can't help but giggle a little every time I get on the throtte. hehe.

All in all, very nice product, and a good mod if you want "because racecar". I'm an old-guy, probably too old for this, but WTH?

#427 ·
Ha! I love the stickers! And I totally agree, SAVE THE MANUALS!!! I've had to search/special order my last two cars to GET a manual trans, and they were the best vehicles I've ever owned.

My Colorado... 2004, first year, I5 220HP/225TQ, silky smooth 5 speed manual (til I started to beat on it anyway), 3400~ lbs, and after a few mods and a tune, it was a real REAL fun truck on the street, turned LOTS of heads, and sounded amazing.

And now this Focus. It's not quick by any stretch of the word, but I like it a lot so far. I can't wait to get ahead on some bills or use some of my tax return each year toward a few good mods.

Excellent write up on the Steeda Intake package. I'm definitely leaning toward this one for my car.

#429 ·
Hello Jaded,

Sending you a pm ... let see if we can get this problem taken care of for you.

Best Regards,

TJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.