Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Shelby Focus ST

16K views 131 replies 48 participants last post by  TiStick 
#1 ·
Shelby has a Focus ST they will be unveiling (literally) at the Detroit Auto Show. It will be interesting to see if this is just a dress up job or if Shelby made some significant performance enhancements.

Auto shows are rarely surprising anymore. We typically know what every single car is that's coming out well before the show.

But then again, there are some surprises. Shelby had a still covered one when we arrived in Detroit this morning: A Ford Focus ST. Interesting.

Details are currently non-existent on the car. We just wanted to let you know there's something to anticipate from Shelby besides a random Mustang.

Ok, carry on.

See less See more
#37 ·
The middle turbo here is what the ST is screaming for. 20g FTW. Good response, and you'll actually FEEL the spool, which is one of the best parts of owning a turbocharged car.

13g vs 20g vs semi-big boy Precision turbo.

#38 ·
I'll still hope for a miracle in the form of AWD, even though you're all probably right about it not happening. Auto show optimism, right? I just struggle with the idea of a 300+ HP FWD car.

In any case, it's all good - I assume most of us won't be buying one anyway!

#47 ·
Well if it's any consolation, Cars.com didn't cover the Shelby American ST in their report. Perhaps it is tomorrow after all. From what I read on their site, there was nothing more remarkable than the 2014 Corvette. Supposedly the Dart will be getting a 9 spd transmission. Who wants to hold their breath until that comes out? oo oo ooo we can see who lives longer! People holding their breath for 8 spd RWD trans behind V8s, or people waiting on the Dart to get 9 spds! We'll call it that ChryCo No Brain or No Breath contest!! [headbang]

#50 ·
I want it to be the RS. But Shelby. I mean, Shelby did dabble in the small car market with Chrysler back in the 80's. Those cars were mean little things.

#54 ·
He also did the Shelby Lancer,the Shelby Dakota,the Shelby Charger and the Shelby CSX(a hopped up Dodge Shadow).

#56 ·
Will be interesting to see what Shelby has up there sleeves on this one. One thing is if they do produce it, it will be probably well above 40,000 total for the upgrade... gotta love how salty shelby prices are

#58 ·
Don;t forget the Mustang-II with Shelby package, although I bet that Shelby wanted to forget it afterwards. 140 hp 302cid turd

It's awesomeness was only surpassed by the king cobra

I am guessing the new focus will be 90% appearance mods

#59 ·
Actually Shelby had nothing to do with the Mustang II, in no way was it a Shelby. I am a MII enthusiast also. they were Cobra II's and King Cobra, but not shelby at all

#62 ·
I dunno, they do some great mods on the mustang engine for the GT-350.

Shelby focus= more parts!
if they even produce it, Roush sure failed us on parts for the ff

#64 ·
The ST 'almost' caused me to look at trading my Ti...this might put me over the edge.

When are they planning on doing the unveiling?

#67 ·
Do we dare think Rwd or Awd?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile
I would dare to say "not hardly" but never know, if it. Was it would be in the 50000 price range [slap]

#73 ·

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130115/DETROIT/130119903

Flash-forward to the Shelby Focus ST, based on the high-performance Ford Focus ST. It has been tuned to produce more than 300 hp while still getting up to 40 mpg, according to Shelby American. Handling has been improved from the stock Focus ST via Ford Racing suspension parts to lower the car, along with new wheels and tires for better grip. Shelby spec brakes provide the stopping power, while the Shelby/Borla exhaust gives the Focus ST a distinct sound.

Functional hood vents, hydro-carbon grille inserts front and rear, Shelby lettering and a rear hydro-carbon spoiler mark the exterior. Buyers can choose between three graphics packages -- traditional Shelby stripes, Shelby checkered-flag splash or competition graphics.

Inside, the car has a custom Shelby-branded interior with a Shelby shifter and Shelby CSM badge.

The Shelby package adds $14,995 to whatever you pay for a Ford Focus ST. Shelby American will limit production to 500 units per year.
15 grand?!? YIKES

#76 ·
shelby american is getting back into the pocket rocket business with the debut of the shelby focus st at the detroit auto show. The move recalls the era when carroll shelby turned dodge subcompacts into tire-smoking machines.

Shelby also used the detroit show to unveil a wide-body version of the gt500 super snake wide body.

Shelby fans will recall that in 1986 carroll shelby worked his magic on the dodge omni glh hatchback. Shelby and his team modified the 2.2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder to produce 175 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque, enough to propel the car from 0-60 mph in a quick-for-the-time 6.5 seconds. The shelby glh-s -- which originally stood for “goes like hell shelby” and was more commonly known as “goes like hell s'more”-- proved that a front-engine, front-wheel-drive hatchback could be tuned for serious performance.

Flash-forward to the shelby focus st, based on the high-performance ford focus st. It has been tuned to produce more than 300 hp while still getting up to 40 mpg, according to shelby american. Handling has been improved from the stock focus st via ford racing suspension parts to lower the car, along with new wheels and tires for better grip. Shelby spec brakes provide the stopping power, while the shelby/borla exhaust gives the focus st a distinct sound.

Functional hood vents, hydro-carbon grille inserts front and rear, shelby lettering and a rear hydro-carbon spoiler mark the exterior. Buyers can choose between three graphics packages -- traditional shelby stripes, shelby checkered-flag splash or competition graphics.

Inside, the car has a custom shelby-branded interior with a shelby shifter and shelby csm badge.

The shelby package adds $14,995 to whatever you pay for a ford focus st. Shelby american will limit production to 500 units per year.
quote from autoweek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.