Focus Fanatics Forum banner

"Official" Hawaii Photo Thread

191K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  808zx5 
#1 · (Edited)
Post Up Pics of your ride here. I'm pretty sure I'm probably the only one of two green ZTS's riding around on Oahu. You never know, we may run into each other someday. Here's pictures of my ride. I know I show these alot, so I'll post some new ones when I get the time to shower....damn dust. [:p]

New Pictures to Come Soon.

See less See more
#854 ·
Wow, I like the Hawaii forum! Mostly because all the Euro bits you guys are discussing. I started at the end, and have worked my way back about 20 pages so far. Mind if I ask some euro questions?

KeepitKauai, did you get my PM? Sometimes they don't go out for some reason. I appreciate your help on those other questions I had was the gist of it.

Euro Questions: I'm talking with a guy in England about some bits and pieces. I know a little, but have questions on details. Would love your thoughts!

1) I need a new switch to add fogs. Is it better to get the euro version? It seems they have many more options over there, front and rear fogs, dim or no dim, etc.

2) Interior door handles. I will eventually need the chrome handle version for my future interior plans. Does the euro handle fit exact on US models? It looks slightly different to me.

3) Euro Sedan tail lights. I found a guy that is "thinking about" shipping the tail lights. I'd like to get the sockets and pigtails, or is there an entire trunk harness I can get? Does that just plug right in?

4) Ghia grill. Not sure which one I dig, I kinda like the one KIK linked, facelift, but this guy has a Ghia. Is the bottom Ghia grill EXACTLY the same as the US standard version? I can't tell about the vertical slats, they are always hard to see in pics.

5) Any other parts I should enquire about (that I don't know about) on his car he is parting? Mainly smaller parts, trying to take advantage of shipping several things at once. He has new headlights, but I know that's a no go due to RHD.

Lastly, what's the deal with headlights, and which models fit which years? I see some that say they fit 00-04, then some that say 02-04, which is really >10/01-04. Is it the shape that doesn't fit, or is it the wiring? I don't see how some can fit all 5 years, then some only fit 3 years. What gives? I have a 2000 sedan, which is why I ask.

PS I will not make a habit of this, I promise. I've already learned more in your forum than most others combined. Good stuff.

#855 ·
Yup, I got your PM [cheers]

1) As far as the euro switch goes, they came with rear fog and leveling standard, and front fogs, and dimmer were dependant on the model.

Switches with F/R fog, leveling, and dimmer were off of Ghia models I believe (the switch that YZ04 has.) Ones with F/R fog, dimmer and no leveling were off of cars with the HID headlights (auto-leveling are required on HID equipped vehicles). And ones with F/R fog, dimmer, and leveling came on most cars (the switch I have).

The one I bought was about $80 shipped from a UK dealer, and I think YZ04's was around $100 shipped.

2) The interior handles in the front will need the panels from europe. I have a very strong feeling that the euro handles will work in the back, but you need the handle surround to go with it.

3) The euro sedan lights have this peice that clips onto the tailight, and that holds teh bulbs. It just has a plug that needs to be plugged in. You can either put pins, solder to the board directly, or get the trunk harness. The euro trunk harness has the trunk light and rear defogger attached to it. If you remove the driver side carpet panel in the trunk, it's the harness with the blue plug. I posted pics of mine several pages back. For the most part it's plug and play. You just have to switch around the reverse light pin and run a rear fog input.

4) I think the Ghia grills look like the US ones, they have horizontal slats, but no turn signal in the grill. Mine is the 98-01 grill, and the facelift one that Random Select and YZ04 have are the 02-04 grill, I think both of theirs are the ST170 ones which have a separate surround. Mine is coming in the mail, but it's the one piece facelift one.

5) As far as why parts there are, I would get the trunk harness, grills, outer mirrors, sidemarkers (with the pigtails), tail lights, stuff like that lol.

And for the US, 00-04 headlights all fit. The Mach HID headlights fit but require a VW plug harness. For euro headlights, 98-04 fit, but for 02-04 you need the VW plug harness to make it work, but they all bolt up the same. Just the wiring is different, it's not a biggy really.

#856 ·
My answer to #5) European hood lock/lockset/keys, European center console, drivers side underside dash pocket, fuel door, HVAC controls (not the dash fascia, just the round dials), defroster buttons, dash clock. I do also believe some European Foci that had automatics had a shifter with a chrome button (saw it on European-parts.net, not sure if it was aftermarket...looked factory though). You could inquire about that.

#857 ·
man i miss driving my focus. let me know if you guys need any stock interior/exterior sedan parts. Still paying for the car so they wont be available right away. as soon as i get some time im gonna tear apart the engine and see if i can rebuild it but i am also due to leave island in august, so if i cant get it to run, than i am either stripping it and parting it out or taking it to a recycler/salvage yard. lmk if you guys want anything

#863 ·
Bi-xenon means that the cut off shield flips to provide high and low lights. Your Mach's are supposed to have this feature.

Is your engine the SPI? I think there's one here if it is. It got rear ended and I took a few parts from it. The guy said it was running good.

#868 ·
Do any of you have a set of headlights laying around? Condition really doesn't matter, as long as they throw light and isn't broken. I need some temporary headlights to run with so I can cram these puppies in my facelifts [thumb]

#871 ·
Ah, I see. Only reason I ask is because one of the headlights I was gonna grab at the junkyard has a broken reflector bowl. It flaps around on the inside of the housing lol. They only want $10 for each headlight though, so I might just get it anyways since its temporary.

#872 ·
I think I'm gonna sell my lenseless headlights for cheap on BST already. They're too new to be thrown away haha

I finished painting my spare door handles (didn't do the caps yet), but the color doesn't match my car. I used $1.12 Wal-Mart Colorplace spray paint and clearcoat. The finish is PERFECT on two of the handles (and ruined on the other two lol).

lmk what you guys think about the color

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.