Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome to our new Tuning Forum

48K views 110 replies 52 participants last post by  LeoVicyto 
#1 ·
To All,

Due to overwhelming requests, we're bringing online a Forum dedicated for performance tuning discussions. Please use this forum for anything related to tuning your Focus.

Thanks,
Tom & FF Team

#33 ·
If my pre computer engine knowledge is still valid, increases in performance equate to increased efficiency thus increased MPG. The problem results from having 200 horsepower and using it all, all the time. If you drive with the same technique and the engine is more efficient MPG goes up.

#39 ·
With all the so-called mpg enhancers installed that claim big fuel savings, you have to stop every 100 miles or so, to siphon-off gas to keep it from spllling out of the overflow vent!

Seriously, give me an eco-boost turbo, or give me death! No, seriously, I want an eco-boost turbo now! My 2010 SES sedan needs SOMETHING!

Anything!

A sheep in wolf's clothing! An auto tranny! Oh, the pain!

It handles nicely, looks sharp...but where's the beef?

Is there any hope for this bolt-on bimbob?[???:)]

Charles

#40 ·
I need help with this tuning stuff....I'm getting my intake/exhaust done real soon so Im guessing a tune should follow...Ive heard mention about TurboToms tunes but can I get a legit one down locally? Would they even know how to tune a ST?

#47 ·
Ford claims that the 2008 Focus has better MPG than the 2007 with the same engine. Wondering if they have upgraded the ECU "Grannie tune" to something with a little more spunk and MPG capability for the 2008 Focus. [dunno]

#51 ·
I have a 02 ZX3 with CAI, 8.5mm wires, MSD coil, 2.5" straight pipe/cherry bomb glasspack no tip, I use 89 octane only on my car. I bought this intake blower fan that works very well(1-3 psi forced into CAI). I want to get my ECU tuned but unsure about the differences about getting my ECU tuned versus getting a piggyback/standalone unit. In the long run/short run which of these tuning methods would be good for all around driving?(daily driving, weekend racing, drag racing, etc.)

Not very much info provided online for the differences especially spending wise for each of the differet types of tuning.

Please send me an email to jaybeeacero@gmail.com if your able to tune/flash my ECU for a reasonable price.

#54 ·
lolz....okay. [:)~]

Well, for tuning, your best option is to talk to Tom (1turbofocus). He can get you set up, and will probably end up chiming in here eventually.

That being said, your best bet is to go the Xcal route, which will allow you to flash custom maps to your ECU. I don't know prices off hand, but the flasher is certainly cheaper than going standalone -- which isn't necessary for what you are likely doing anyway.

If you go through Tom, he will do updates to your tune as new mods require them.

#58 ·
I'd dropped in K&N 57s-4000, snorkel removed and silicon hose between MAF and TB, car ran badly, but it got better after few days, I logged LTFT and STFT in a daily driving; LTFT: min 1.09, max 1.16; STFT: min 0.89, max 1.12.
I guess the MAF is off a little bit, should I go for a tune adjustment or let PCM handle it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.