Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Drew's MK3 Mods: New inexpensive goodies for the 13' hatch

25K views 67 replies 19 participants last post by  Drew'sFoci 
#1 ·
So recently I went on a shopping spree of all the stuff that I wanted to put on the car when I was still looking at it in the lot! So I bought Rally name tags for the side rear windows[headbang] (probably wont last long), red LED bulbs for those little orange lights at the top of the headlight and ford emblem overlays that match my gray paint! I'll keep you guys updated with pictures when they come in and let me know if there is some more non performance related stuff I should do! (not guinea piging though)[nono]

#20 ·
Sweet man!! Post pictures when you get the focus and the stickers! The only thing I regret about my car is not having a manual, not because the auto is bad, it's great, I just want to be more involved! Case in point, get a manual! And I hope you don't get in a driving situation! The only reason I took mine down was because I drive like an ass and I don't want people to have my name! Lol

#21 ·
Sweet man!! Post pictures when you get the focus and the stickers! The only thing I regret about my car is not having a manual, not because the auto is bad, it's great, I just want to be more involved! Case in point, get a manual!
I think I will take that advice. I have always driven automatics, but I decided that as a bonified gear head, I should probably get a manual haha

And I hope you don't get in a driving situation! The only reason I took mine down was because I drive like an ass and I don't want people to have my name! Lol
Dang I drive like that too.... I'll just have to pass them quick so they don't catch my name! Lol

Anyways, sweet car, and keep us updated on the customization!

#6 ·
Those look pretty sick man. I had a sheet made up for my Short Course RC truck an loved to have them on the little guy flying around the track. Where did you pick up the overlay?

#24 ·
UPDATE!!! Just came in today! Yellow tint! doubled up the tiny so it was more yellow, made a template, then cut them out, they have a sticky side, used a heat gun sprayed both light and sticky side with windex, fit it then applied heat and it formed to the lamp! Still a little bubbly but natural heat should take care of that!!

#30 ·
Ok guys! It's been a while since I have bought anything new! But in the upcoming weeks I should have these bad ass mud flaps on her! I'm getting them in red to go with my FSWerks red accent theme! Should look pretty good and I will be reordering the rally name tags because I decided the look I'm going to go for with this car is a rally style! Since my dream car will always be an STI! Ill keep ya'll posted! [Peace]

#34 ·
I loved the tuxedo black! But I wanted the 13' new blk package spoiler to stand out a touch and I had a black car before! Best looking color when clean but a soon as you get out of your neighborhood it's not clean lol! I wanted less maintenance and to not have to carry a microfiber everywhere I go!

#40 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate it!! and I'ma run the gas cap for a little bit! I have been getting good comments so far! Guess its one of those have to see it in person type of deals! Lol

#48 ·
Completely forgot about this one!! Lol i have a build thread on FJ ive been using! Ive done a lot since then

Mudflaps

Tint, 35% up front 5% on back 5 windows and some stickers

And I did the snorkel delete along with the complete flap removal by taking out the whole part (prob gonna put that back in) and a K&N with an outerwears cover

And yellow Nokya bulbs for the fogs (lol pics below taken mid drift from a video, FYI)

#50 ·
I put the part back in but to pull in cold air and circulate it under the hood i did this ghetto rig-up, two barbed metal pieces that are bent to keep the flap up
CURRENT:

I plan to weld two metal bars to the top and bottom of three clips to make the fold more uniform
BAR NAPKIN IDEA:

#55 ·
I don't think the fuel door on our Focus really needs to be accented since it's design was meant to mask itself which for me makes it's unique and I get compliments on how out of sight it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.