Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Update on build

30K views 133 replies 23 participants last post by  jrdyfocus84 
#1 ·
hopefully build will start back up again shortly once im cleared from doc

#32 ·
yeah jeff...still at it... been slow trying/waiting to get parts... its about impossible nowadays with this motor...lol...

is that the guy that was making over 300hp with this motor?...someone told me someone pushed over 300...i've been trying to find out who....

#34 ·
wow!...yeah that's the guy i heard about...i remember the name now...foundnemo...lol... id like to even get close to those numbers...
don't know with my current manifold design... but this will be the start of the build im sure in the future i'll want more and go with a custom built manifold
thanks for finding that for me...

#35 ·
What about your rods. I may have missed them if you mentioned them. You'll want to upgrade to some decent rods if you're producing enough power. I'd hate to see you put all this work into it and have your stock rods bend or snap.

Also, I would highly recommend upgrading you IM. Maybe P&P it yourself with some dremel tools. Just go from rough til its smooth. I've seen some guys come to a mirror finish inside the IM like your pistons. Good work though. Keep it up.

Edit: what compression are those pistons going to yield?

#36 ·
the rods (porter billets) should be here any day... they were supposed to be finished with them end of last week/beginning of this week... just waiting on them to show up...

for the im...for now its gonna stay stock...at least till i get this build up and running and see what im doing with it...in the future i anticipate i will end up building a custom exhaust mani so if i do at that time i may do something with the im...

compression will be 8.5-1

#40 ·
this is a turbo build...
turbo stuff was in my other thread that disappeared somewhere so i had to start a new one... sorry forgot its not in this thread... turbo stuff i think is on my site though... check my sig for link...

#41 ·
Yeah I went to that links a few days ago and your site didnt run so smooth. I think its because I'm on ym work computer and the settings they have set for it. Anyway,...........

BOOOOOOST!!!!! FTW!!!!

Git'er done right though, friend. Means tuning and all that stuff.

before you know it you'll be having this much fun revving for boost.....[smackbum]

#42 ·
yeah it will be done right.....[wrenchin][screwy][thumb][shhh][confused]
fully built motor with all forged internals and full 3" exhaust
new comp turbo by tom (getting rid of my turbonetics turbo)(didnt really suit my build well...way off... was for a truck...didnt know when i purchased it new...my fault for not researching it before)(couldnt pass up the price though)
complete tunning with sct pro racer package and tom tunning
fully built lentech street terminator tranny
full eibach suspension setup..with front and rear sway bars and f/r stut bars
am i missing anything?....[???:)]

#49 ·
update 3.30.2010

got my head back from p/p... took some crappy pics with my phone will snap some better pics tomorrow once i get my camera back...fiance' decided she needed my camera more than i did...lol...

before p/p

after p/p

also gonna get some pics of the IMRC p/p
STILL waiting on rods...
head studs, main studs delivery tomorrow...
engine guy said he's gonna start the head build now so thats done when the rods do actually come in... will take some pics of that as its built
as of now thats it...

#51 ·
hurry up what?...lol... pictures?...or build?...lol

well as promised here's a little bit better pics...
still hard as hell to get good pics that close up...

head pics

intake side

exhaust side

IMRC port matched and polished

snapped some pics of the block while i was there
kept forgetting to take some pics of it

cylinder walls

also in case anyone's interested arp DOES make head studs that will fit our motor...they just dont know they do...lol... not labeled for a focus...
thats is for now... head supposed to be together early next week...
still waiting on rods for the lower end to be put together...

#58 ·
Wow ... that's a nice build.

Good luck with the rest of it ... and looking forward to your finished product and updates to build.

-Ray-

#59 ·
thanks!... me too...lol...

Update: 4.6.2010

got home yesterday evening and had a nice package on my door step... billet rods are in...Finally!!!...

some pics

stock rods....

pauter billet rods

picture of stock and pauter billet side by side....

well that was some good news...now for some not so good news...

dropped rods off at engine builder this morning and he calls after lunch...
wrist pins for piston are too small for rods...!?!?!?!...
mic'd the new rods, specs are same as factory rods... new rods are correct...
checked specs/spec sheet on pistons... wrist pins are smaller diameter than factory...called wiseco explained stated someone would call me back tomorrow with solutions...
thought build would be starting now that i have rods....looks like its back on hold at least until piston/wrist pin issue is solved...

#60 ·
anyone looking for a $200 turbo?...
or a $100 auto tranny?
or $25 door shells?

i needa have a garage sale to get stuff out of the way for my contractor to do my siding...lol...

#62 ·
lol... i can agree with that...lol...[confused]

well hopefully wiseco handles it nicely...they seemed like they responded well to their mix up... will find out tomorrow i guess... [scratch]

#63 ·
Great work. I enjoy checking your updates.
BTW, I got the turbo mani and its not very well built. there are big globs of weld inside one of the tubes and the turbo flange has huge openings on two sides. I will need to get it rewelded and the inner part all ground out to be smooth. Other than that........................................ HHHMMMM, well theres no good side is ther? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.