Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mk3 Sedan build thread (Shadowfax)

18K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  OneMeanFocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Tail tint! make sure you have spray bottle, squeegee, hair dryer, and towels.
did the first half only because was afraid of the contours on the big part

it stayed like that for a few weeks until i found the balls to do the rest - scary contours on the big part. tint kit came with precut's for the lower deflectors too.

*note about precut tint. I still ended up having to stretch/cut mine anyways so I will use sheet vinyl next time - it will be cheaper and faster (in some ways) and likely easier to work with since you don't have to line up any edges.

and now time for lighting!

I put in Crystal Vision Ultra for lows and Euro Dezigns 8500k halogen for fogs:

also R-vinyl blue smoke fog cover. It's a sheet and I did it myself. just cut with a razor. Applies the same as tail tint.

and voila! this pic is with both the 8500k bulbs and the blue fog covers. I forgot to take a picture of them independently. O well it looks amazing anyways!

I also decided to try dipping my fog bezals blue:
fogs on:

fogs on and parking lights on:

all lights on:

it stayed this way for several weeks. The last couple weeks I made some changes:
blacked out fog bezals (semi gloss). as you can see it's already chipped up. (damn Norther VA construction! [gunfire] ) I did 4 coats of black and like 3 coats of clear but still not enough it seems.

and "cool blue" (white with blue tint) LED parking lights! (the pictures do not do it justice, of course. They are bright but not this bright in person.)

a cool view of them from the opposite side of the car... look like glowing HID's!

all the lights on:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Wheel Spacers and Tires!!!
from the rear:

from the front:

from the front, looking at the rear tire:

new tire and Steeda sticker placement:

TFB Decals!!! - with the parking lights on it looks like Shadowfax is blushing!

INJECTED TUNE!!!

#4 · (Edited)
thanks 1slofofo [:I]

I initially purchased pre cut Lamin-X. Had them for a good 5-6 months on the car. The middle of one of the vinyl got all scorched after about 6 months. For some reason the vinyl on the other side held up better.

The tint on there now is R-Vinyl blue smoke. I got a sheet roll from Ebay for like nothing. I think this is a better color/opacity. I hope it holds up as long.

#10 ·
They are H&R spacers. 20mm in the front, and 25mm in the rear. I'm not sure about the specs/fitment of the spacers themselves as Mike from RDC helped me figure out which ones would fit.

Stickers add at least 5HP.
They do indeed!

Eibach sponsors you? ... I like the tinted tails with the shaved rear end
That's just an Eibach sticker that came with my Sportline Springs, which are installed. Thanks - I love the tinted tails too! :)

#20 ·
I probably missed it, but what size and type of spacers are you running, and do you have any pics or a link to them?

#24 ·
I just purchased eibach sportline springs (1.5" drop) and H&R spacers (25mm Spacer hr5035633 for front and 30mmm Spacer hr6035633 for the rear). I purchased from Rebeldevil and he said they would fit (I asked).
Honestly though, I don't imagine that the tire fitment will be there.
That being said, we're talking about $500-ish for tires to maintain fitment versus simply sending back your 30mm spacers in favor of a 20mm set. 25 in the rear, 20 up front should equal a safe space and no rubbing.
Mike said I can return the 30mm's and he'll send me the 20mm's so I can do 20/25 setup.
I see. Mike asked that I don't try to fit mine. I think i'll just play it safe for now and switch the 30's for the 20's and do 20/25.
i'm sending back my 30mm's in exchange for 20mm's this week, so i can do a 20/25 setup.
I derped with my spacers [facepalm] and Mike was able to exchange them for me. However there was like a $30 price difference so i'll bug him about a credit in the future! [poke] [:p]
[facepalm]

#30 ·
Thanks! yes it's Lamin-X precut gunsmoke. I still had to heat it and stretch but it turned out almost perfect! I think next time I do something like that I will just use a sheet of vinyl and cut it myself.

#37 ·
Well this sure was an interesting thread to read. Nice car though. I like what people are doing with these mk3s. Almost makes me want to get one. But I got too much time and money into my mk2. Plus its like the red headed step child of the focus community. So I'll keep trying to stand out over there.

#39 ·
2010SVT: stay unique!
FocusTi1990: I agree, I love it. But I think the stripes are a tiny bit too bright. They looked darker online - but until I have "spare" money laying around i'm not changing it haha.

here is a decent picture I took at Skyline Drive last week

#40 ·
Thanks. Trust me, I'm staying unique lol. If you look at my albums you will see that. I like that lip kit you have though. I wonder if they make one for mine. Something I could rock for now until I can afford to get my 3d carbon kit

#41 ·
2010SVT: It's just an "EZ-Lip". It only costs like $30. It won mine for free - I took the survey on their website :)

Only thing is the ends closest to the wheels dont stick. So i'm either going to cut some off or something. I'd like to re-do it because I didn't apply it very evenly/symmetrically (the 3m tape). I hope they'll send me another since it didn't stick well enough on the edges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.