Who's considering the Focus Electric? - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Who's considering the Focus Electric?
Yes 12 12.37%
Maybe 10 10.31%
No 64 65.98%
Need More Information 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 876, Level 15
Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuanich View Post
Electric Energy does exists naturally, it usually is converted from another source, usually natural gas or fossil fuel. Electric Car gives you the most independence because you use multiple fuels to power it. You can plug it into a gas generator if you want use gas, you connect to a solar array or you get it straight from Edison if you like. A Gasoline Car is solely dependent on GAS, that is why the cartels can charge what the market will bear.
This is a very good point worth saying. With Electric you DO get options on energy sources. As the technology progresses we will have solar, wind and other potential ways of generating energy to charge our cars. With solar in particular, the costs of generating energy will be much less. If we get solar panels for the home, we save long term on electric costs and can charge our cars with it, reducing dependence on big oil, or big energy and promoting independence, and isn't that what we want? It will be a win, win scenario.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #92
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Points 876, Level 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
I'm half way there to an electric car. I just bought a C-max Hybrid. Time will tell on how it goes but it sure is a nice car. If it does even half as well as I hope, I'll be looking for the electric Focus in a few years time....Till then, I have my SEL and the hybrid to compare performance and maintenance issues with.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #93
jmbarbera
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101372
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Electric

FF Reputation: 1 jmbarbera Good Standing Member
I hope you got the plug-in Energi version of the C-MAX. Whether you can do a pure EV or a PHEV, it's about electrifying the routine, daily household miles, even if your electricity is coal powered. Your car is the largest household energy consumer and it's horribly inefficient if gasoline powered. Battery development is not to the point where a pure EV can replace a gas car, but it really doesn't matter. My Focus Electric is a second car. We have a Honda Odyssey for trips to Wally World. We didn't need two cars with 300 mile range so the Focus Electric works well for us.

I drove the C-MAX Energi and it was great, but it just wasn't big enough to replace our cavernous van which can carry 4 people, all their gear, and 4 bikes inside. I hope larger PHEV's become available that can do both soccer mom duty (all electric) and road trip duty (on gas). A PHEV Flex would be perfect.

With the introduction of the Fusion Energi PHEV, Ford will be the only car manufacturer offering three plug-in models. Hats off to them for offering so many choices.

Again, all electric cars don't work for everyone, but it's great to finally have a choice of fuels, breaking the choke hold oil has had on us.

I love my Focus Electric (over 9k miles) and recommend it highly. Price reductions and attractive lease offers make it a very reasonable buy. It's too bad that Ford does not advertise it at all. They might sell more if people even knew they existed.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #94
chris65
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110237
What I Drive: 2013 silver electric

FF Reputation: 1 chris65 Good Standing Member
Focus EV horror story:
In my first month with the car it has been in for servicing twice and its going back today for its third visit.

On March 5 (the 29th day that I owned the car) I got a message 7 times that said "Pull Over Safely" Once I stopped the car would shut down for anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes. At times it would happen as I am stopping at a stop sign or stop light so I wasn't able to pull to the side of the road.

This has happened about 12 times total in the first month with the car. Ford can't fix it.

Don't buy this car until they have the problem fixed.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #95
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Points 876, Level 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris65 View Post
Focus EV horror story:
In my first month with the car it has been in for servicing twice and its going back today for its third visit.

On March 5 (the 29th day that I owned the car) I got a message 7 times that said "Pull Over Safely" Once I stopped the car would shut down for anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes. At times it would happen as I am stopping at a stop sign or stop light so I wasn't able to pull to the side of the road.

This has happened about 12 times total in the first month with the car. Ford can't fix it.

Don't buy this car until they have the problem fixed.

Sorry to hear your having such problems with your car, I hope they get it resolved soon. I am thinking of trading to an Electric Focus in about two or three years.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #96
FredT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116792
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 FredT Good Standing Member
Just now reading this thread, so if it is already answered my apologies. The L is for low. Yes it is one speed tranny, but in low you get more regenerative braking while coasting.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #97
FredT
Focus Rookie

Your numbers are way off. It is more like 85-95 miles in 3.8 hours.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #98
FredT
Focus Rookie

If you have a 65mile round trip, then why would your employer need a charger?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.