Odd fluttering, 'something loose' under hood sound. Grill shutter? Transmission? 2013 Focus Titanium - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
leomon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90856
What I Drive: 20120 Focus Titanium - SterlingGrey

FF Reputation: 1 leomon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Warning!!! All cars I repeat all Ford Focus and Ford Fiestas will have this problem to a certain degree. The seal is failing and the transmission fluid is leaking into the DCT. Some of us are lucky and the leak occurs at higher mileage (me 30k) but others the seal breaks earlier

Will ford release a permanent fix for this issue???? If not I will be selling my Ford focus. I am not going to pay for a new clutch and servicing my transmission every 30000km when my warranty runs out!!

Ford recall all the automatic for fiestas and focuses! It is your responsibility and duty or care as a car manufacturer to its clients!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder that I'm here to help. If you're experiencing this concern, send me your info in a PM so I can research some options; I'll need your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks,

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #23
GSReview
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111121
What I Drive: 2013 Focus / Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GSReview Good Standing Member
Just a quick update. I plan to start a new thread regarding this but as of 9/03/14 The service department just installed a third clutch assembly on this car. Yep. This vehicles has less than 16000 miles on it and is on it's third clutch and who even knows how many seals. Interesting to note that Ford has still stopped short of a recall on this vehicle. They extended the warranty and acknowledged the seals leak but simply maintain they'll fix it should you have a problem...That's of course after you jump through every hoop and it malfunctions for them at the lot. My local service center says they're on their 3rd version of replacement seals for this vehicle and there seems to be a general vote of 'no confidence' at this point. This is the most horrible vehicle I've ever been forced to endure. The worst purchase I've ever made and I'm stuck with it. Seriously considering legal action at this point. At what point does a reasonable person conclude that enough is enough? You purchase a new vehicle for peace of mind and to stay out of the shop. My experience has been the opposite. I'm stuck in this thing and Ford seems unwilling to acknowledge that no customer should be forced to make it their life's work keeping a new vehicle on the road....
Old 09-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #24
TooOld
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 128586
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey SE

FF Reputation: 4 TooOld Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSReview View Post
Just a quick update. I plan to start a new thread regarding this but as of 9/03/14 The service department just installed a third clutch assembly on this car. Yep. This vehicles has less than 16000 miles on it and is on it's third clutch and who even knows how many seals. Interesting to note that Ford has still stopped short of a recall on this vehicle. They extended the warranty and acknowledged the seals leak but simply maintain they'll fix it should you have a problem...That's of course after you jump through every hoop and it malfunctions for them at the lot. My local service center says they're on their 3rd version of replacement seals for this vehicle and there seems to be a general vote of 'no confidence' at this point. This is the most horrible vehicle I've ever been forced to endure. The worst purchase I've ever made and I'm stuck with it. Seriously considering legal action at this point. At what point does a reasonable person conclude that enough is enough? You purchase a new vehicle for peace of mind and to stay out of the shop. My experience has been the opposite. I'm stuck in this thing and Ford seems unwilling to acknowledge that no customer should be forced to make it their life's work keeping a new vehicle on the road....
Wow, the 3rd one was installed today, and already being noisy?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #25
GSReview
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111121
What I Drive: 2013 Focus / Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GSReview Good Standing Member
Just pointing out, this is the third clutch in a vehicle with less than 16000 miles on it. I couldn't even guess (off the top of my head) at all the times I took it in for reprogramming and to be checked out.

Very frustrated that all the things I was originally told were "normal" are now everything that the extended warranty now addresses as abnormal...too a degree that is. The car still has to malfunction to a degree that Ford considers, "abnormal."

The rattling and skipping is not enough...it must be excessive beyond a certain point. So much for that "Seamless transition between gears" as advertised. More like, "rattle, grind and surge between the lower gears until you get going and then it sounds okay..."

That said (and having been though this before) I have zero confidence in this latest fix and suspect I'll be going though this again very soon. The last one was grinding again in no time. Ran great for about 1000 miles or so before it started up again, though.

Just mentioning this as a courtesy to everyone else who's been though or has yet to go though this sort of thing. Lord willing, the latest fix will take, but I honestly believe we'll see a full on recall on these vehicles before it's all over.

Either that or a class action suit. Way too many people singing the same song, now.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #26
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I noticed that several times during the course of this thread, Ford Customer Service, has contacted you. They are an arm of corporate Ford- not independent dealers- that can make things happen when dealers are unwilling or unable. Other members with similar problems have contacted them, and had their issues resolved. This requires a VIN to be given to FCS to identify your vehicle, and what service has been performed. This helps Ford identify issues and determine fixes for everyone.

I contacted FCS about your case, and they cannot find a response from you- GSReview- over the past months. As I suggested earlier in this thread, there are things FCS can do for you that your dealer can't.

There is a Canadian version of this customer/manufacturer cooperative that they can put Canadians in touch with also. I'm sure there's one in Europe as well.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #27
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I noticed that several times during the course of this thread, Ford Customer Service, has contacted you. They are an arm of corporate Ford- not independent dealers- that can make things happen when dealers are unwilling or unable. Other members with similar problems have contacted them, and had their issues resolved. This requires a VIN to be given to FCS to identify your vehicle, and what service has been performed. This helps Ford identify issues and determine fixes for everyone.

I contacted FCS about your case, and they cannot find a response from you- GSReview- over the past months. As I suggested earlier in this thread, there are things FCS can do for you that your dealer can't.

There is a Canadian version of this customer/manufacturer cooperative that they can put Canadians in touch with also. I'm sure there's one in Europe as well.
FCS is in Mexico as well... But they're useless, I'd been there, they just hearing on the phone, that's it, nothing happen or change.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #28
H2323
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117432
What I Drive: 2013 Red Titanium HP

FF Reputation: 2 H2323 Good Standing Member
Doing it worng

Quote:

Seems to me that they are likely doing it wrong, it seems that it has to be done just right. New dealer, new mechanics and check if they have the correct tools. (I know you should not have to but...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJnNPbjjjs
Old 09-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
H2323
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117432
What I Drive: 2013 Red Titanium HP

FF Reputation: 2 H2323 Good Standing Member
Valve cover

Quote:
The best way I can describe this sound is as an odd rattle of sorts. It's a very noticeable, seemingly out of place sound when starting from a dead stop, sometimes louder than others...

I just wouldn't expect such a rattle from a new vehicle. It actually sounds as though something is loose but it's not noticeable at higher speeds.

Again, an odd flutter or 'rattle' best describes it. Hoping it has nothing to do with these transmission horror stories I'm reading about.

Thanks for any advice in advance. Here's a quick video:

http://youtu.be/-vOFyxxcTig

R.P.

Your valve cover might be lifting, check for oil residue around valve cover and engine block, a common but small problem.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->