Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Windshield Wiper Control Issue

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Wow it has been some time since I have been on the forums, but figured I would see if anyone has comments/ideas regarding my Wiper issue.

I have a 2007 Ford Focus 3rd SE which a couple weeks ago started having a problem with the windshield wiper control. When turning on the windshield wipers they start going without any issues, but then the problem below start:
- When in position 1 (Were u can normal adjust there speed with the dial) they will stay at one speed, so if I turn the speed to 6, it will just continue at the speed of 2.
- When in position 2 (were it is a constant speed not adjustable) it continues at the same speed as if in position 1
- When turning the wipers off (Moving it back to position 0) they just continue as if they were stuck in position 1. It takes a couple times and some luck of switching between position 1 and 0 to get them to finally stop.
- When using the -1 (so it would only do 1 wipe) it just continues as if in position 1 and must do the same as above to stop.

Position 3 seems to work correctly however still have the turn them off issue. I know everything is in the correct positions and am not special and missing the position 0. I am not sure exactly what is going on and assume it will have to go into the shop, but rather avoid that if someone has a fix or something to try.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.