Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hatch stays dirty

8K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Guimpy 
#1 ·
This is my first post, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. I bought my 2012 SEL Hatch about a month ago. It is my first Focus, and my first Hatchback. My 2002 Sport Trac has been sulking since I got it. :0) I love the driveability, the looks, and the gas mileage (I'm getting 31 back and forth to work, vs the 16 my Trac gets). My question is this: I wash my car, and 2 days later it still looks great, except for the rear/hatch, which is covered with dust and road grime. Only the rear is dirty, but it's the whole rear (window, hatch, tag cover, bumper, the whole 9 yards) This is my first hatchback, so this may be SOP. IS there anything that can be done to reduce this problem or is something that hatchback owners have to live with? Thanks. [ffrocks]

#11 ·
Just wait until you live on a dirt road...

I have a 1/4" thick layer of dust on my rear bumper shelf.

#17 ·
I have the 3D Carbon rear spoiler and I get really cool modern art dust designs on my back window.... <G>, it's only modestly cleaner than the plain stock rear spoiler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.