Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#981 ·
I'm actually taking from dealer ordered stock. I've been watching the incoming inventory to all of Southern California like a hawk for the past three months looking for the car I would have custom ordered anyway. Galpin Ford is the only dealership in a 300 mi. radius to have ordered the exact car I built.

-B

#986 ·
Brand new to the forum, as I am a reformed VW guy.

Ordered my Titanium Hatchback on 4/8
Ingot Silver Metallic
Package 401a
Sport Suspension with 18" wheels
Nav
Cold Weather
Remote Start
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FAHP3N22CL160979
It was built on 5/18 according to the dealer

I am happy that Ford came out with a product that I feel is a step up from my MkV Jetta. I'll miss the 2.0T and the DSG, but the MKVI Jetta is a pile of steamy garbage. Plus, the father in-law works for FoMoCo, and I want to stay on his good side.

#987 ·
Brand new to the forum, as I am a reformed VW guy.

I am happy that Ford came out with a product that I feel is a step up from my MkV Jetta. I'll miss the 2.0T and the DSG, but the MKVI Jetta is a pile of steamy garbage. Plus, the father in-law works for FoMoCo, and I want to stay on his good side.

Good call on staying on the good side of the in laws. Not to mention hopefully taking advantage of the d plan! Welcome! [welcome]

#994 ·
Just drove by a dealership in Long Beach, CA. They had a frosted glass SE hatch, three SE sedans (sterling grey, oxford white, and tuxedo black), and a yellow blaze SE hatch. Also saw a kona blue se sedan from new mexico on the way home. Still have yet to see an SEL or Titanium on the lot, or driving around here in SoCal.

-B

#995 ·
The dealership I purchased mine has two SE 5-doors and a SE sedan on the lot. I went to another dealer to get a refund for my Fusion ESP and they had two SE sedans two SE 5-doors and one S sedan. I didn't want to see one on the road before I got mine and I still haven't seen one.

#998 ·
My car arrived at the dealer early this morning. Snapped a few pictures before work this morning, as I was walking by. I get to take her home tomorrow, after I sign the papers at my credit union.

It's a Titanium hatch in tuxedo black metallic, with 401A premium package, winter package, parking tech package, power moonroof and navigation.

X-Plan rocks. The qualifying card arrived via mail LITERALLY 30 minutes before I saw the card. I was worried I wouldn't get the discount, but I will. I'm excited to take it off the lot tomorrow.

The images are a bit blurry, but I'll take some better ones tomorrow and post a video on Youtube of the interior, etc.

---

---

#1,006 ·
For those of you that know your car is In-Transit on a Norfolk Southern railcar, I found an interesting phone number on their site for tracking. Try:

(800) 635-5768.

Select one for tracking, then follow the automated menu prompts. You can enter your railcar number (my dealer emailed me the number once they were notified) via voice, and it will give you the current location. My daughter's new car was loaded on a railcar this morning, and is sitting next to Michigan Assy waiting to be added to a train.

It won't get it here any faster, but it will give you something to check periodically. I'm curious as to how convoluted the path is to the left coast.

#1,011 ·
Thanks to this site, I got my window sticker a few days ago (White Metallic Titanium Hatchback). It was supposed to be built on 5/18 and the dealer called this morning and said it had been built. It has not shown up as built on the ETIS web site so far.

Also thanks to this site, I requested a brochure from Ford, got the $750 Private Cash coupon, and the dealer agreed to apply it to my purchase. Not too shabby!

Many thanks to all here - a great resource.

#1,017 ·
Maybe he's just guessing at the build week, based on when the order was submitted?

If you ordered the 11th, that sounds about right, sometime during the week of 05/30. He won't know the exact date until 7 days out like the rest of us, I think. I could be wrong, though. They seem to be moving pretty quickly. I bet it only takes 6 weeks from order to delivery.

I would have thought he'd have the VIN by now, though. Maybe another day or two....

#1,033 ·
Couple questions. I have noticed some folks mentioning signing a sales order and putting money down when ordering the car. My dealer did not have me do any of that. It is ordered and was built today. My salesman also calls every week to give me an update. Should I have any concerns that if my vehicle arrives when I am out of town (couple days) that they will sell to someone else? If so, I may go in before leaving and go ahead and finalize the negotiations and put some money down.

Also, I ordered a brochure Sunday and am HOPING to get the $750 privacy cash offer. But as of yet - no email with the offer and of course the brochure has not arrived.

#1,034 ·
Hey lrblr,

I am one of the people that put some money down on an incoming car. I put $500 down on a dealer ordered car, which gives me first right refusal. This basically makes that particular unavailable to anyone else, until I have a chance to look it over, take it for a test drive, and decide whether or not to buy it. Now, if you custom built your car, you may not have to worry about this, because the car was built for you. I would at least let your dealer know that you'll be out of town on certain dates, and ask if he can hold it, or if you guys can work something out. I may be out of town when my car comes into the dealer, and I'm having my father go into the dealership and put down my down payment for me, and just start the paperwork. The dealer said that this was enough to keep the car from getting sold out from under me. Then, when I get back into town, I'll go into the dealership, sign the rest of the papers, and drive it off the lot.

Just make sure your dealer is aware of your situation, and just have an open line of communication with him/her.

HTH,

-B

#1,036 ·
Ordered SEL hatchback on 4/22, Got VIN on 5/19 date on sticker 120110516. Dealer says a couple of weeks to for transport to Massachusetts. X-plan + $750 off if it comes in by 6/12

Window Sticker
Looks good torch. If it ends up looking like your $750 will expire before your car gets in, just send in another brochure request, but use a different address. You should get a new (and later) expiration date.

Congrats! [cheers]

-B

#1,037 ·
Thanks Ohuigin! I think if the car does not arrive before I leave (it should arrive a day or two before), then I will head down and get the paperwork rolling plus put some money down so the car is mine.

We already negotiated the price of the new car (invoice), but had to hold off on the trade in value of my current car as they did not want to commit to a price that far in advance! At least they told me what they would have given me if I had traded in that day - so I fully expect that amount :)

And if I get that $750 privacy cash offer I heard about on this forum - that will just be gravy!

#1,042 ·
Initial order 4/22
Revised to Sterling Gray on 5/13
Word from Dealer on 5/19 that it will not be built until early to mid June?

I quit.

#1,048 ·
You usually dont get a VIN till about 2 weeks after the order goes in. When did you order? Mine went in on 5/2 and still no VIN [:(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.