Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally dropped on 10+ offsets

6K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  blkfocuszx3 
#1 ·
Before

165/45R15

After

Looks great in my opinion, someone posted that I need lot of camber work, fender work, and widebody or flares. Lmao it is still at stock camber and no fender work.
I am building camber plates right now, I should have them ready by next week.
I definitely think my risk of buying the rims was worth it :)

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks man
The whole story is that I have been looking for low priced rims and bingo there was only a listing for 4x108 and I did think hard about it and I dropped the ball.
Don't worry I will make focus look better and proper. I am happy with it, that's all I want for now.
They don't look narrow in the rear to me, 7 inch wide on 15 inch rim looks good.
I don't plan do any fender work because there are no rub and it scrapes everywhere at max. Right now its around 3/4 inch of clearance from subframe so I am not going to lower it any more for being daily.

#7 ·
Nope it is lowered properly on h&r coilovers.
The reality is that shortened shock rods are fine when it is lowered. Best way will be to machine it down and thread tap. The effect of dampening and rebound doesn't change at all. All race shock absorbers are basically short rods.
I apologize for the confusion about cutting the springs, I had it backwards. It is okay to cut linear springs, not the progressive. I had linear springs.

However I am done discussing this because I went with different route.

#11 ·
I see nothing wrong here. I actually like the look. But I'm a promoter of doing things no one else does. Keep up the unique work and let the haters hate. It would be a boring car in my mind if everyone liked it and it blended in

#33 ·
Thanks I agree, I don't see it screaming MEXI-POKE! To be honest if people wanted to have some poke, at least et10 would be perfect. Picture quality doesn't do the justice, looks way better in person.
I also thought that no one in focus world has those riken rims which makes some of rims for BBS as well. I thought it will be cool to have it.

#27 ·
Ryan and Dietrich, always the critical ones. They're not hating just opinionated.
This. I'm far from a hater. My group of car friends that I hang out with regularly consists of people from everywhere with cars from everywhere. Foci, Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas, BMWs, Audis and VWs.

I would never make a post on here that I wouldn't say to the OP's face in real life. I just feel like, a lot of people are overly nice and will tell someone something looks good when it really doesn't, just to spare butthurt.

Its your car and in the end you have to mod it to make yourself happy. Not everyone will like it, but some will. So take opinions like mine with a grain of salt.

I feel like if you ran a little bigger wheels and maybe pulled the fenders, it would look a lot better. But as is right now, I'm not a fan. Which is why I told you I didn't think it looked good.

Yahhhh'mean?

Sent from my Man Cannon via Tapatalk 2

#19 ·
Can't see the pics due to work internet but I'm sure it doesn't look gawd awful. Don't worry about what others think about your car, it is after all Your car. Also glad to hear you dropped it on coil overs. We're working on a meet for next year or even maybe this year, you should try to make it out if you can.

#22 ·
Also, with your setup, it isn't hard to see why you don't need fender work or camber. Low profile on 15" wheels is tiny. Not saying it doesn't look good. Just not pushing any envelopes.

#24 ·
pesonally.. not a fan of stretch and poke...
now saying that,
i think this does look good, based on the pics presented..
the main thing that kills it for me is the chrome lip..
but like i said.. looks good. just not for me.
can't wait to hopefully see this in person one day..
i'm in SW Houston, btw

#25 ·
eh....wheels are too small. not a big of stretch and poke anyways.

buy a camera

#49 ·
Looks awesome man, screw these haters on here. Makes me sick.
People like this are the reason FF has gone so downhill the last couple years.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you're a hater. I really don't know how many times I have to say this. Damn kids get butthurt so easily these days.

Think we're being mean? Post this car on Stance|Works and see what mean really looks like.

#44 ·
That is how it looks now, snapped them up when I woke up and yay fuel pump didn't die on me :) somehow fuel pump shutoff inertia switch tripped when I scraped on the bridge then around 1 and half mile later it died.

The quarter is .75 inches in diameter ;)

#52 ·
I would get 185 or 175 in 40 or 45 profile but nobody makes it. I am stuck with 165 or go with flares for 195.
I am not sure yet, I like how they look right now. I usually hate chrome anywhere on the car but it looks great with body color.
Gold lips with black face would look mean or something like this. Any suggestions? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.