Replace all vacuum hoses - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
bamakodaker
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 30132
What I Drive: 2005 Tweety Bird Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bamakodaker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Replace all vacuum hoses

2005 Focus ZX3 2.0 Duratec
Hello,
I've already replaced the PCV but figure I'll just replace all the other vacuum hoses. I've gotten frustrated trying to chase vacuum hoses. Yes, I see the diagram. It's just that I get confused trying to follow the lines. Diagram shows lines go to a certain part - but I'll have no idea where the part is located. Has anyone photographed the hoses?
Thank you,
bamakodaker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
You will get just as confused by the pics, they cannot possibly show completely the run of all hoses since they commonly goes behind or through other parts or masses of parts. No such thing as X-ray camera yet........meaning so many pics the different perspective and viewpoint would be just as hard to follow. A book by the time done and confusing as h-ll.

One hose at a time, follow it, it eventually goes SOMEWHERE and not rocket science. Can't work on more than one hose at a time anyway..............

Diagram is the EASIEST way to show it and why they do it like that. It simplifies the seeming confusion. Sounds like you need the skills of tracing them down anyway and what everybody does.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
brady2005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110534
What I Drive: 2005 silver zx5

FF Reputation: 1 brady2005 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
No such thing as X-ray camera yet........
Not true! I have a x-Ray camera, it's an app on my iphone, I turn it on an slide it across my hand and it shows me my bones! , why would you want to replace them if they aren't damaged? Spend a few hours with a flash light and go over what you can see, if any are weathered or cracked replace those and leave the rest?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
2005 is a Duratec right? sorry cant help, Zetec I could tell you from memory.

Do as was said do one at a time. That's the best and time tested way to make sure you don't hook things wrong.

Assuming you have the same just different locations.

Brake booster, large tube (molded plastic on the Zetec) that goes next to brake fluid res.
EGR controller no idea where on the Duratec
Fuel line (on the fuel rail on the Zetec on the accessory belt side)
Another one goes to the PVC
One is for another emissions on the zetec its a module by the power steering res. cant recall its name.

This likely does not help.

Why replace the others? you have a vac leak? I am rocking all stock vac lines and have 160K miles on the car and is 4 years older than yours. All the lines looked in good condition when I did my motor rebuild.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
amc49
Focus Fanatic

I have X-ray glasses from the early sixties, I can see girls' figures through their clothes just like the comic books said............
Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
I have X-ray glasses from the early sixties, I can see girls' figures through their clothes just like the comic books said............
If I could just get this damn Flouroscope in the engine compartment........

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
bamakodaker
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 30132
What I Drive: 2005 Tweety Bird Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bamakodaker Good Standing Member
Magus2727 - I have that weird 'front right brake engages/drags' that no one can decide what causes it to happen. The PCV hose was split just like everyone else's that's had problems. I found one other one with a leak. Figured I'd eliminate wondering if I had a mysterious vacuum leak by replacing all the vacuum hoses!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
not sure on the Duratec, but most dragging calipers I have come across are due to a bad caliper (the seal around the piston is worn or needs replacing) or something with the brakes. I find it unlikely that a vac leak will cause any let alone only 1 caliper to drag.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
amc49
Focus Fanatic

X2. Caliper can only drag by sticking on slider pins or the piston itself sticks from corrosion at piston to caliper metal, meaning dust seal has failed. Any other possible drag is induced from hydraulic issue of some sort.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->