Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST rims/tires

7K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  RAF_S197 
#1 ·
So...I stopped by my friendly natl tire chain to look at tires to replace my summer ones on my Ti. Turns out the guy who works there just bought an ST. After chatting...he indicated he hated the Goodyears on his and wished he had the Michilens on mine. I absolutely love the ST rims. It took about 10 seconds to figure out we could just trade even-steven.

The Ti 18" rims looked great on his ST...kinda like an SVT Focus. And I LOVE the ST rims on mine.

Score.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#11 ·
I imagine they should be, now that STs are showing up. Considering you folks (in the US) got the STs ahead of us Canadians, you should have a head start on parts as well (?).

I had checked a while back with no luck but not recently.

#13 ·
Here is a pic of the front...he also had his headlights and tail lights professionally painted. I actually liked the ST better with my Ti rims.

#14 ·
I like those eyelids[thumb]

Honestly, looking at your pic and his, I think both vehicles benefited from the swap. I honestly don't really like the Ti wheels on sedans (idk why) and I'm not overly fond of the ST wheels on a hatch.

Awesome job on the swap[thumb]

#16 ·
I couldn't agree more. Both are nice designs...but my Ti rims never impressed me on the sedan style.

I'm still pretty shocked the swap occurred. I've wanted those wheels since I saw them at the autoshow last year.

#26 ·
Nicely done OP!

You definitely benefited from that and I think the ST will look nice when it gets lowered some.

Good lookin' out. I'm digging that 18" Matte Black Wheel and that they finally have some pictures up of the Handling Kit.

I need to check with a buddy about getting the hookup on getting that kit installed so it would be under warranty. They also need to tell us the specs on that stuff still! Guess I'll try sending an email.

#25 ·
So...I stopped by my friendly natl tire chain to look at tires to replace my summer ones on my Ti. Turns out the guy who works there just bought an ST. After chatting...he indicated he hated the Goodyears on his and wished he had the Michilens on mine. I absolutely love the ST rims. It took about 10 seconds to figure out we could just trade even-steven.

The Ti 18" rims looked great on his ST...kinda like an SVT Focus. And I LOVE the ST rims on mine.

Score.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
Rock on... [headbang]

#28 ·
I'm actually not a fan of the Y-spokes. Especially on the Fiesta, SE Focus hubcaps, last gen. Fusion, or the weird spokes on the new Escape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.