Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post your MK3 Ford Focus (2012-Present) Pics!

1M views 5K replies 601 participants last post by  Reddingnative 
#1 ·
Lets start posting them here.

I was actually wondering if anyone has pictures of the Kona Blue Titanium Focus?

#356 ·
Thanks! The moonroof is 15% SunTek "Infinity Op". The rear windows are 20% "3M Color Stable". The front windows are 35% "3M Color Stable". For some reason though everything looks really dark...even the front windshield, and there's no aftermarket tint on it at all.

#359 ·
the white focus is the bomb... was going to go with white myself now wish I would have. Only planning to hold on to my focus for 2 years I really need a SUV and waiting on the ford Vertrek/escape...that will be in white for sure and loaded.. would have loaded the Focus when I ordered it except someone at ford thought it was a good idea not to allow a 5 speed to be put in the SEL :(

#362 ·
Agreed! I think debadging cleans up the rear end quite a bit. Plus, if someone really cares what model and trim level your car is, they're probably a car nerd like most of the people on this forum and would know all that from other details on the car. When I had a Civic Si sedan, I took all of the badges off (including those awful VTEC stickers on the rear doors), and hardly anyone could tell it was an Si. Sleeper. Loved it.

#364 ·
I was in bed last night and couldn't take the thought of waxing around those sharp badges one more time. So I get out of bed at 11:30. Grabbed the heat gun and rubbing alcohol. Warmed the badge, and with a plastic trim remover, I scraped it right off. Warmed the left over glue, and hit it with the alcohol. Came off spotless and without a trace, to the eye, and touch.

I think it makes the car look a lot classier than it really is. Hello Audi A3 [hihi]

#369 ·
Heat helps, but not at all required. A hair blow dryer would work, just take a little longer. The sooner you pull it off the better. The longer it sits, the more it sets on the paint.

#370 ·
Used a hair dryer today for just a few seconds and they came right off.
Much prefer this look. Thanks to the folks on this forum. May never have tried it otherwise.

I would love to get Titanium headlights and fog light surrounds for our SE. I wonder if it would be plug and play. IMHO black would work much better then chrome.

#374 ·
SE's have black trim around the windows. Seems like the black headlights and fog housings would be a nice compliment.
A friend has an SEL and he would like the black window trim. We looked at it today and it looks like the only tricky part would be the rear 1/4 window trim/glass, looks like it may be all one piece.
I would have to do something with the chrome trim on the grill, maybe have it painted black or sterling ?
Had all the emblems on our Mustang painted body color and they have held up very well.

#373 ·
Here's a sterling grey titanium debadged! All I needed was a hairdryer, and I used a little dental floss to help pull the tags off. I think the lines on the trunk flow even better now. Thanks to all who have posted the tips for doing this! [cheers]

-B

#387 ·
As promised, more photos. This is right after my first detail using FK 1000p. Stuff is excellent. Couldn't be happier with this car.

-B
I was bummed out about not getting Kona Blue until I saw the great pics of your Sterling Grey Titanium. The paint looks super wet and fantastic. I'm feeling much better about my second choice now. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more time on autopia too. I've been using Menzerna polish along with Jeff's Werkstat on my GTI with great success, but that FK 1000p has your paint looking so great I'll pick some up.

Kudos.

#385 ·
Ohuigin, your car looks great !

I would like to order a set of the titanium headlights and fog light bezels for my SE.
I wonder if the headlights would be plug and play or if there is something different in the electronics.
I think black looks better then the bright aluminum or chrome or whatever headlights come with the SE.
My sterling SE has black window trim and the black centered wheels, IMHO it should have black headlights and black fog light bezels.

#386 ·
Thanks alloy! I agree with you, the black bezels of the titanium headlamps is one of the nicest aspects of that trim. I've grown to like it so much, even if the Euro HIDs become available in the states I'll probably stick with my black bezels!

-B

#390 ·
Question for the debadgers - I'd think about doing mine but there's also a dealer "sticker." If I can't get that off then there'd be no point in debadging it. Not sure what it's called but it's not an actual sticker or badge, I think it's one of those that's applied directly on the body with a coin (or something similar). Any idea how difficult that would be to get off and how to do it? I won't bother if there's any chance I'd do damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.