Focus Fanatics Forum banner

65mm throttle body

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  02rsv02zx3 
#1 ·
How can I tell what TPS I have. I have a 2002 that was made in April so idk which one I'll have. Any help?

#2 ·
The 2000-2002.5 TPS has a skinnier plug and the 2002.5+ has a fatter plug. Both use 3 wires.

Take a trip to your local auto parts store and compare the two to figure it out for sure.

#5 ·
So apirl would be the skinny one and I googled it and cant find the pics for them, Also napa, autozone, and rockauto dont have any but one which is for stander trans. I;m not sure if the trans has anything to do with it being thick or thins. PS I have an auto.

#7 ·
be carefull when installing this. I have this on my car and they don tperfectly match up to the intake manifold. it looks and feels good and tight but you will notice a little bucking under cruising. that's because there is a vacuum leak. genuinely it happends where the tension spring is right there where the tb meets the intake. use rtv sealant and if you can wait a good 12 hours before you drive it to ensure proper dry time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.