Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT seat insert fabric replacement?

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  hurtinfocus 
#1 ·
has anyone ever successfully located the matching fabric for the inserts of the SVT seats to re-upholster worn seats?

I seem to have located the material that matches the blue....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...466&&clkid=6446887620458699887&_qi=RTM1303753

if it's not the same, it's VERY close....

the same seller has red too, but it's not the same....if you look at the svt seats the pattern seems to have two layers in the weave, where the top layer is red and the bottom/inbetween layer is black; not also red as with this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...466&&clkid=6446978583562541892&_qi=RTM1303752

the blue I linked seems to have black in it, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me...

I've also found these respective fabrics in red and blue, but also not with the black in them....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-JERSEY-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec3de28ac

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-JERSEY...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec3de2c16

I ask this because I have a situation where I've got a complete set of seats, but the driver seat is worn very badly where the rest of the set are near mint. would really like to replace the fabric on the driver seat so all are nice and matching.....

See less See more
#3 ·
I've thought about this before and if I were going to this I personally would use the "alcatara" or however it's spelled material that comes in the WRX's & STI's. I have a Sonic Blue SVTF obviously with the blue inserts. If/when I decide to do this, I will use the the "alcatara" material to do all the seats and headliner. I personally think that would look really good.

#4 ·
That ebay material isnt the same material as the SVT seats. If you get up close (or get a magnifying glass), you will see the SVT material has a little bit of yellow, white and black in there. The material on ebay is a solid blue.

Last time i called ford to ask about it, they tried to sell me some at $170 per yard. I went to a local fabric shop, and found something that was close enough for $2 per yard.

#5 ·
I think that even if you found one to match, the other seats would be faded by now and wouldn't match brand new material anyway.

If it were me, I'd replace all the insert materials with the right color, but leave my options open on type of material.

#6 ·
I've actually got a line on the original fabric for $75 per running yard (60" wide by 36" for $75)....just awaiting a picture of the actual material to verify it's correct.

#10 ·
I forgot to get back with my source. I've been way too busy with trying to get my molds and car done by SiF '13, and have too many motorcycle projects underway. I'll try to get to it if I find a few mins to snap some pics of the fabric up close to email for verification.

#12 ·
OK, so I got back to Original Auto Interiors and emailed them pics of the seat fabrics, with a quarter on them close-up....this is the response I got this morning:

Yes, the O.E.M. 2003 Ford Focus SVT red cloth #3148 is available @ $89 per a running yard. The blue cloth #3147 is no longer available.

#14 ·
origauto@tir.com

^that's the email address for contact. I went on their website and filled out the "contact us with a question" form and that's the email address that responded.

#15 ·
guys, Original Auto Interiors got back to me with awesome news.....they found a supplier for the BLUE!

so now both colors are available with the part numbers I posted previously.

here's the email:

Original Auto Interiors said:
Hi Nicholas,

We located and ordered in both the BLUE and RED 2003 Ford Focus cloths. We should have them in stock by the end of the week. Let me know if you would like me to reserve any of them for you.

Thank You

Kevin Tamblyn

Original Auto Interiors

7869 Trumble Rd.

Columbus, Mi 48063

United States

Phone #1 586 727 2486

Email order@originalauto.com

Website www.originalauto.com

We greatly appreciate referrals!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.