Votes: 15 3.6%
  • Prince Edward Island

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Newfoundland

Votes: 7 1.7%

Where in Canada are you from?

146K views 556 replies 298 participants last post by  Focus86 
#1 ·
Just curious as to where the Canadians on this board are actually located. Seems like Canada doesn't have much of a following on the Focus modding idea. Where I live, there is only two other focus cars in my city with anything remotely close to modding I have seen. Also, in the other big city in this province, I only know a couple other cars (4 at most). Having a modded focus in Canada is pretty rare IMO, at least on the prairies from what I can see.....

Poll only allows me a MAX of 10 entries so if you live in one of the other places, post it up....

#128 ·
Dryko said:
Hey guys names Mitch suporting Red Deer Alberta here. gott a 02 yellow ZX5 with a shit loud of mods just not under the hood. want sugestions on the Roush turbo kit or the powerworks supercharger. got a firend in town with 20's on his sadan. heres my cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/407805 so yo can check it out if you guys want.
Any of you guys form victoria or Nanaimo i'll be out that way in august jsut wondering if you guys want to meet up and cruise or what not.
Welcome Mitch,

....and have I got a deal for you, check out this for the powerworks s/c clicky

#130 ·
Hey All!

I'm new to the site and I'm from Canada. Not many Canadians on here...
I'm actually from Burlington, Ontario, Canada. (Its about 45 minutes away from Toronto.) I am definitely the only one on here from there. There are TONS of focus' out here. You wouldn't believe it! I have a 2005 Sangria Red Ford Focus ZX5. Hope to meet and talk with you guys.

<3 Ashly

#133 ·
SangriaRedZX5 said:
Thanks for the tip! I'm on there.
Not too many Canadians on here :/
We're here, we just tend to be one of the smaller factions here (Heck, I'm betting all the Canadian Focus owners on here number less than any of the other subgroups out there... but that just means we try harder, yes? [:D] )

NefCanuck

#137 ·
Canada - eh?

I live in Delacour, Alberta, just outside of Calgary, where I commute to each day. I've noticed a few modified Foci - a black ZX5 caught my eye last weekend, because thats what I drive - but otherwise just standard fare.
I don't plan to modify mine too much - I just want to keep it healthy and happy. Maybe a short CAI (once I make sense of all the conflicting post regarding short vs long, warm air vs cold air etc) and a cat back system once my muffler gets its inevitable perforation.
I enjoy visiting this site - in fact I spend more time here than I should

#141 ·
Hey Fella's

Cold Lake Alberta here....AKA...bum****** nowhere. Not much to do except work, and tune my new car.

Well i just bought a brand new 2005, ZX5....

Silver, 5 speed, all the bells and whistles except for sunroof, and 6 cd stereo.

Now, the question is WHERE TO START????

I was thinking....Cold Air intake, and exhaust, and window tint off the bat...then go to lowering it, then mags....seems like a pretty sensible order...whatca think?

Stock stereo is "ok" i guess....but i need OOMPH...and i mean brain smashing bass..something that will pound out yer eyes and have them stuck to your windshield.

Also, being this is brand new, i dont' wanna screw up my warranty.

I do however wanna change to white face gauges...and suggestions where i can get them??

what to do, what to do....

#147 ·
Re: Trois-Rivières

Z-Tech said:
I'm from Trois-Rivières/Québec and I've seen almost 3 or 4 modding Focus but they are juste looser, the don't reach the 150hp with their I will be the first in town!! =P
salut! je reconnais pas ton username mais je suis presque sur que tu est sur le forum du club focus quebec, je me trompe? [:D]

#149 ·
New Focus Owner

Hello Everyone,

I'm From Beaver Dam New Brunswick, (just outside of Fredericton) and my wife and I just purchased 2 2005 Foci. Hers is a silver ZX5 SES auto, mine's a copper ZX3 SE 5 spd. I just have to say, I can't believe how much I love mine! I had not planned on buying one but after doing the test drive on my wife's I was hooked. I had bought an 05 Sunfire back in March, which I was pretty happy with... until I drove the Focus. It is so much a better car that I'm amazed. I should note my sister and her husband are on their second ZX4. Their first was one of the Mexican built ones that had the back wheels fall off while my brother-in-law, his brother and my cousin where travelling down the 401. Even with that they liked the car so much they got another when their lease was up in 2003!

The ZX5 will stay stock, just the way my wife likes it. But mine will get some 16" rims, low profile tires...thinking maybe to lower it...but I'm afraid it will change the ride...and that's one of the things I love about the car is how it rides....pics will be coming of both cars!!

#151 ·
A Question...

S2...

Or anyone for that matter...If I remove the resonator from my air box, will this affect warranty? I am very cautious about doing too much to my car while under warranty as I do not want to void it. Your thoughts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.