Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Utahns

731K views 10K replies 94 participants last post by  duvinclunk 
#1 ·
So anyone been to the races yet?

#8,742 ·
Broc if I can find a diagram on it ill look that up for you. im guessing that depending on the way the switch operates (normally closed or open) might have either a bad switch or a near broken ground (ie bad connection)

#8,745 ·
If you're going to to have the car torn apart already, might as well do the timing belt.
When I melted pistons on my first focus I replaced the timing belt when we were replacing pistons. Pretty easy when you are already in the part removal mood.

#8,749 ·
Alright Mark I'll just copy/ paste the posts and pics I've taken from the past few times I've worked on it lol. starting from the oldest when I started working.

ok pics as promised....... nothing too special other than the fact I'm doing something and that theres still a ton of wires

and y'know people keep asking me if I got in an accident with the car looking like this [dunno] whatever lol

and this was the useless stuff I removed last time I worked on it, which, sadly was wednesday.

OH btw..... look how bent that lower radiator support is. It was like that when I first bought it :O

slightly cleared out engine bay? need to remove header and try to list parts for sale too. I needz money.

alright here you go. todays progress :) (wednesday for you UT thread peeps)

edit: btw I also found a metal yard that sells it for $.25 per pound so if I can find either some square or round tubing, I'll be in business. I only need 8 feet max of that stuff. And I will try to borrow the diesel shop's welder too.

TODAY: OK well....yeah. Massive carnage inside the focus today. A little pissed because I could technically still be in the shop working but had to leave early since I couldn't find my torx bits and effectively had nothing to do. So I had to leave the dash frame in the car and....

Well I'll let the pics speak for themselves [hihi]

#8,750 ·
do you have another thread these are going in? I would like to subscribe.

#8,752 ·
yes you do lol. amidst the mountain of crap in the back seat ( it was outside, I have no idea where to store it so I finally had the chance to bring it in and start storing stuff under those shelves haha) I tried to make sure nothing touched the seats.

Yeah I KIND of have an idea of what I'm doing, but I always think of stuff daily. A new way to do something or a new challenge, doesn't matter. I wasn't sure where to start either so I just kept removing stuff I knew I didn't need.

Ben I'll probably put one up this weekend if I get the motivation to do it lol.

#8,753 ·
Yeah I KIND of have an idea of what I'm doing, but I always think of stuff daily. A new way to do something or a new challenge, doesn't matter. I wasn't sure where to start either so I just kept removing stuff I knew I didn't need.
LOL, that's the easy part. I think putting stuff in and making it work will be the tough part.

#8,754 ·
Im actually not concerned at all about the making stuff work part. (at least for the front end)

its honestly more (how can I get the tools and supplies like metal I need with hardly any money) that and I only have a few hours every other day during the week to work on it.

#8,758 ·
I'll just drop this here too.... I'm working on a thread but it will take some time to get together lol

hah.

SO yeah......

because racecar....

thought this one was kinda funny

and yeah it's been stripped pretty well and ready for me to cut :)

Of course it's not in there but I had to just test fit it because it was cool. The real position is merely around an inch more backwards, 2-3 inches lower at the front of the engine since it's tilted back some right now. overall the whole thing probably needs to be about 2 inches lower but I need to cut the subframe in order to do any more test fitting (and I'll add the trans to it next time)

#8,759 ·
what car is that motor from?
btw Mike, i'll probably be doing a rear seat delete sometime soon...

It's official, i won't be putting on the kit until this spring. i've come to the conclusion that even if i were to put the kit on this month, how long would i get to drive it? the snow looks like it will be here on Saturday, and i don't drive my SVT in the winter. hopefully this will give me time to save up for a clutch upgrade.
ohhh and Black Friday is coming up and i'm sure i'll be donating some greenbacks.

#8,760 ·
just start the install late winter so it is ready the first day of spring.

had my tires installed yesterday, because it started snowing. Nothing stuck but I didn't want to risk snow on tires that are on the wear bars.

edit:
oh and I asked the guys at the tire shop if they could have beat $550 installed (roughly what it cost me otd w/o the rebates). He typed it into his computer and said we don't carry those, they must be a special one for the tire rack (I got them from Discount tire). Kumho has been running quite a number of TV and print ads for the 4x, I think the tire shop is just behind on the times.

#8,761 ·
yeah that's what i had planned, unfortunately our winters always seem to drag on and on! i'll start the actual install in March.

i've seen a few coupons and advertisements for the 4x.. that's weird. i put my snow tires on as well, nothing worse than when you wake up and everything is covered in snow and you aren't prepared for it!

#8,762 ·
Wow feels like forever since I posted.....anyway updates I busted the coil on my passenger side front wheel while driving over a pothole at night on a road I didn't know. So i decided to get a full svt suspension upgrade with sway bars, will be installing as soon as I get back from Wyoming. Also I want to upgrade the subwoofer on my car with the extra money I'm earning out here. Also I don't think I told you guys that I did end up installing that race header from fswerks

#8,764 ·
A bunch of Boise and E. Idaho people are going down there to that race. My buddy, Will, is going to try out his new Genesis 3.8 Track R. I really want to see how it does. I haven't AX since that last one in August, so if the weather holds I'm going to have to run down there too. I've never been to an event at Miller, I've heard good things though, dying to check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.