Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sct Tuner?

27K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Hey guys any reviews on these.

I only have a cai and exhaust on my car would it be worth it to even get one? and if so what one?

#3 ·
+1 Tom's tune. The SCT Xcal3 is the one you want. You can PM 1turbofocus (Tom) if you are interested in his tuning services.

Do you have a auto or manual trans? The auto trans will bennifit more from the tune, but thats not to say the manual trans won't bennifit form it either. I only have a CAI as of this moment, and feel if my tune is deffinately worth the money (auto trans). Also having FREE updated tunes for N/A add-ons will be worth every penny I spent on the tune.

#5 ·
I is worth it. I got my tune from FSWerks and have no regrets about it.

#8 ·
Thats like salt in an open wound. (I didn't know about you when I got mine)
I used another company for a tune but they all use an SCT Flash tuner as the means of tuning the car. I vote for Tom as well.
I have a 5speed and love the extra power from having a good tune.

#7 ·
we are absolutely blessed to have tom on this forum. the man is a focus Guru like no other, not just a businessman out to make a buck. he cares. hence the free updates as you add on parts to your car. you will not regret dealing with him.

I have an ST with just a CAI and his custom tune for it, its much snappier than it was when I got it.

#9 ·
Even if you have a SCT xcal from a diff co. you can still get my tune and the FREE updates as you add more NA mods , The tune if you have a flasher is 150.00

So if you find them wanting to charge you more for more tuning and it comes out cheaper to get my tune then it can be done , I also dont charge and request datalogs to make sure you have the best and safest tune like you paid to get and no other Focus tuner does this

Tom

#11 ·
Thanks guys! Ill definitly keep these things in mind.

Are these tuners universal? like i have the 2005 which is a 2.0 and the 2004 is a 2.3 when i get that back on the road can i just get at different tune for each car.

#13 ·
sort of, you would need two flash tuners (xcal 3's). The tuners become vin locked once you use them, so you would not be able to us one tuner for two cars.

#15 ·
So just curious, what are the typical costs of the xcal's? Then $150 on top of that for a log-based remote tune?

I'm definitely curious about this on my new car. I suppose I should get an intake and exhaust to take advantage of the tune as much as possible.

#16 ·
Its generally around $400 for a tune and it comes on an xcal 3. If you get it from Tom then new tunes are free! Other companies charge for updates and or new tunes.

#17 ·
Gotta say the Xcal is possibly the best mod i have done to my car. Not only did it give me more power everywhere in the rpm range, it also increased my gas mileage dramatically.

#18 ·
I love my tune from Fswerks. It really livened up my car I ended up doing I/h/e before the tune so I'm done with my car pretty much. Just gotta find more cossie parts :).

#20 ·
Yes you can buy a Custom tune with FREE updates as you add more NA mods for 150.00 the big thing buying uses flashers is you must make sure they are unlocked

If some one sells a flasher and they still have the tune flashed to there car and didnt restore the stock tune then the SCT XCAL is locked and you wont be able to use the XCAL to load tunes

Slo86GT For 399.00 and 20.00 shipping you get the xcal3 , full custom tune , FREE updates as you add more NA mods

If you have a xcal or buy a used xcal my custom tune with FREE updates is 150.00

Tom

#22 ·
I just did my tune from Tom. Got down to a half tank and filled up. I had been getting 30-31 mpg with the stock setup. Had 216 miles and took 6.3 gal. Doing the math that is 34.3 mpg. Most of my driving is on 2 lane 55 mph country roads. The increase in mpg is great, but the FUN factor is better!

#24 ·
I have an xcal2 from my old car but I would need to sent it to SCT to be unlocked before I can use it.
Do you guys think it would be worth it to upgrade to the xcal3?

#25 ·
I have an 09 SES 2 door manual transmission and purchased the X4 Tuner before being told I need a tune, thank god I found this post, I hope the X4 is also compatible, as I have already ran it on my car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.