Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 Hatcback question

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  nseah 
#1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 2013 5 door Focus, I've had it a little more than a week and I love it. I've been driving a 07 and 11 Ranger since 06 and while I really liked my Rangers the Focus is amazing to drive. My question is on my sticker it says my car has fold flat rear seats, is this true or does my version of flat and Fords differ. I can't figure how to get any where near flat and I can't figure out how to get the center headrest out even. I look at the manual and I'm totally lost but me and directions on anything don't get along. Any body have any words of wisdom for a dummy? Terry. [idea]

#2 ·
The seat base flips forward and then the seat back folds completly flat unless you have the 16" full size spare wheel and tire.

Oh and remember to take the outboard head restraints first as the seat won't fold flat otherwise.

#3 ·
^What suss said.

But also, you don't need to take out the center headrest - just the side two. You might also need to move the front seats forward to get the seat base to go forward enough to get the seats down all the way. As suss said, the seats will be flat, but the trunk area would be higher if you have the full-size spare.

#5 ·
Yes, the seat base pulls up and flips forward, then you remove the two outboard head restraints (you can also remove the center one, but this isn't as necessary to get the seat folded.

Then you depress the two buttons on top of the rear seat back (one at a time) and lower them to tilt the seat back forward to fill in the space vacated by the rear seat base which was flipped vertically to stand behind the front seats.

#9 ·
You have no doubt figured it out by now, but the front seats must be slid somewhat forward in order to have room to flip the rear seat bottoms. For long-legged drivers, is a bit of a toss up as to whether to maximized leg room, and forsake the flat rear, or to sacrifice leg room in order to flip/flatten the rear seats. That's where the 60/40 rear really helps. The rear can be flipped on the passenger side, but not on the driver side, thus giving the tall driver the maximum leg room.

And by the way, our rear head rests have now taken up a permanent position on my garage shelf. Folding seats is easier, and rear visibility is no longer blocked. Of course, we rarely, if ever, have rear passengers, so that is not a concern.

#15 ·
My salesman had only been on the job for a couple weeks when I bought my car... I didn't really care that he didn't know much. He kept quiet when I was driving and asked the right questions to get me into a car.

With the seats folded flat you can move a ton of stuff... Hatchback 1, Sedan 0 LOL

#18 ·
It's fairly easy to pull the seat bottoms out. You might have trouble folding the seats down though even without the headrests on. Im not that tall and in my seating position the seats just barely scrape by without me having to pull my seat forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.