Focus Fanatics Forum banner

taylor plug wires??

49K views 158 replies 60 participants last post by  redSVT_03 
#1 ·
hey has anyone tried these? i talked to a guy at nopi that had an 03 black svt and he had em on his car and said he liked them but it had alot of other stuff too, so i was wondering if anyone else has tried em, also i ordered a set of motorcraft azfs22c spark plugs since everyone is saying they work pretty good for them.

#3 ·
taylor wires

well i talked to a guy i met a nopi nationals that had an 03 svt and he was using them, there 8mm, he said he loves them i just ordered mine yesterday so im going to pick them up tomorrow, but everyone i had talked to about them said they love them and would choose them over msd, so that has to mean somthing.

#5 ·
got em installed!

well i got my taylor wires installed i got the blue one and there almost the exact same color as my car, but i had to reuse the stock plugs since they gave me the wrong ones, but i took her out for a strole after i got em on and it was definatly smoother, didnt buck near as much, i went from a dead stock to 130mph and all the way there it was alot smoother, i also regapped the stock plugs to .054 they were .050, but i do like them i only paid $38.23 after taxes, (i get the discount main[:D] )

#6 ·
i had taylor plug wires on my 99 durango before i got rid of the damn thing. they were pretty good, sharp looking & durable. i have a hard time believing they are better than msd though.

#7 ·
Anyplace in particular that y'all got your Taylor wires for your Focus at? Part #'s help. Thanks!

#8 ·
i never heard of them..... i just went wit frpp 9mm wires, + much better price than what u paid for urs.....

#9 ·
Taylor wires??
I have five words for them...
Best wires you can get!
End of story.

i have a hard time believing they are better than msd though.
Believe it. [;)]

#11 ·
^^^
1) 18' Nordic Jet Boat - Stock 460
2) 18' Charger Jet Boat - Semi built 460
3) 22' Marauder Offshore Boat - Mega built 351W
4) Lancias (2) - Stock and Semi built 1.8L
4) Mustang - Stock 255 (4.2L) V8
5) Grand Am -Stock 2.5L
6) Bronco - Mega Built 351W

^^^Getting a picture? [;)]

For me, Taylor wires have been worlds beyond anything else I've tried.
Their permanent over-built/easy to grab/never pull apart spark plug boots are worth it by themselves.
For the record, these are some of the other brands I've used over the years:
MSD, Accell, Moroso, FRPP...<<<--- Taylor wires blows them all away.
Incidentally, I've found the FRPP wires to be the worst of the bunch. [:(]

^^^Still getting the picture? [;)]

#13 ·
No idea on part number for fOCUS. [dunno]
But, when it comes time to replace mine, I'll definitely be finding out. [;)]

I've always purchased (or ordered) mine from local Speed Shops.

#15 ·
Summit Racing and Jegs should carry them.
As far as price, the Speed Shops I dealt with always treated me quite well. [;)]
More often than not, they were in line with the mail order companies.

#24 ·
OK so Taylor it is...
High performance 8mm or ultra high 8.2mm ?

#25 ·
you can get them through Orielly's part store they one here has the taylor order catalog and I brought them the web page i printed off and they matched the price. They did add shipping but was not that bad. Got mine for 46$ after taxes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.