Focus Fanatics Forum banner

taylor plug wires??

49K views 158 replies 60 participants last post by  redSVT_03 
#1 ·
hey has anyone tried these? i talked to a guy at nopi that had an 03 black svt and he had em on his car and said he liked them but it had alot of other stuff too, so i was wondering if anyone else has tried em, also i ordered a set of motorcraft azfs22c spark plugs since everyone is saying they work pretty good for them.

#81 ·
I just went downstairs to measure my used Screamin Demon wires (about 35,000 miles on them).

Cylinder 1: 600 ohms
Cylinder 2: 600 ohms
Cylinder 3: 500 ohms
Cylinder 4: 250 ohms

I have about 10,000 miles on my Thundervolts now... I'll measure them this weekend.

#85 ·
11,114 miles / 8 months exactly on the Taylor Thundervolts:

Cylinder 1: 80 ohms
Cylinder 2: 70 ohms
Cylinder 3: 60 ohms
Cylinder 4: 75 ohms

I must not have had a good connection when I tested cylinder 1 wire the first time since I'm showing a drop in resistance of 10 ohms, which I really doubt is possible. Not sure why the smallest wire's resistance went up, but I'm not really complaining with these numbers. [:D]

Also, I don't know if any of you have tried removing the Thundervolts, but they are REALLY in there. Far more than I can say for the junky loose-fitting LiveWires. [:D]

#88 ·
I tested the stock Motorcraft wires I still had lying around. ~38k miles on them and about 5 years old. They have been sitting in my basement for about a year.

Cylinder 1: 12000 ohms
Cylinder 2: 15000 ohms
Cylinder 3: 10000 ohms
Cylinder 4: 6000 ohms

#89 ·
Hi guys, I'm a rook, so please bear with- but I just bought an 04 svt 3 door w/ the euro package, and after much research here on the site, have decided to make my first mod the Taylor wires and Motorcraft plugs. The Motorcraft plugs don't come pre-gapped, correct? Be gentle now, I'm new here and I bruise easily.

#91 ·
regardless of whether or not the come pre-gapped, your going to want to use a proper feeler gauge and gap them yourself

#101 ·
Got my wires in and now they are installed. My experiences pretty much match up with what everyone else says.

One thing is bothering me though: The spark plugs I installed (as suggested here) had less threads than the original ones that came out. It's running fine, but I'm curious if that's normal.

#109 ·
just ordered my taylors from a local speed shop. they can usually get special order items faster than summit. but they dont charge me shipping.
mine was misfiring due to a pinhole in #2 plug boot. this cause it to arc to the cylinder head. some dielectric grease helped for a temp fix. these were FRPP wires, hopefully i will see my taylors soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.