Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The other YELLOW car...

36K views 294 replies 25 participants last post by  BWM2006ZX3 
#1 · (Edited)
#203 ·
Thanks bro! Ill be getting to work probably once i get the fabric in. i need to get some glue for the flat surfaces too that wont go through the fabric... This week is full of exams so it probably wont be for a while. I will be focusing on the drop mostly.

#207 ·
SHHHH! lol. [shhh]
Nahh ive been pricing stuff out and the kit will be like $4400 and thats with me isntalling it.
Then i would need to get a Lantech Valve Body ($500)for the tranny to puch 10 psi
That means that i should probably get a High Stall T/C $800
And then the tranny can handle it.
At some point the engine will go.
I would want to find a 2.3l as soon as i get the turbo kit and build the 2.3l so that when the little 2.0l dies... i have an instant replacement.
Or i would go 2.0l block. 2.3l head...
And then all this adds up to like almost $6500 with all the stuff id need for the new block...
Not worth it to me yet... Yet...[:(]

#229 ·
Sup guys!

Just a little update.

Uh oh... a package!!!!

And what could it contain!

TEASER SHOT!
More for the weekend!

Any advice on installing one of these on the D20?

I love the yellow and especially the wheels. I have been looking at getting wheels for my wagon but haven't decided want I want to get yet.

But anyways
When installing the HIDs did they have a shroud that covered part of the bulb? If I remember correctly that is the only "safe" way of installing HID bulbs in a halogen housing. The light comes off the reflectors at different angles and is known to give oncoming drivers a blinding light if they are installed in a halogen housing.

I'm not trying to diss your mod of installing HIDs as I had them in my sonoma for a short time. But I do believe that you should look into having them retrofitted, plus it's unique and custom.

Retrofit examples

Click on the focus retrofit pictures, and scroll to the right and look at some examples. This site can even retrofit for you if you do not want to do it yourself. I have thought about doing this once I get a spare set of lights to work with.

#223 ·
They are just ebay branded. I believe the company i bought the houses from was the same as the CarID houses just at $150. The HIDS came with the houses so it didnt have a brand listed on them.
I am going to be buying the FRPP drop form Steve at Tousley Ford. 1.75inch after it settles. 2-3 or 4 years from now i will be purchasing an EVO so i dont wanna go allllll out on this car.
Muuuch better headlights [thumb]
Thanks! We still gotta get things set up for another meet up.

#224 ·
No doubt^ you can always put a bunch of money into your car. When the time comes to get the evo, bring the car back to stock and sell everything on here. You will probably get more for separating everything vs selling the car with all the mods

#228 ·
I'm assuming that's by possibility playground? I went on the edge and it was a spectacular view lol
Possibility playground is in the middle! This is over on the lookout part. at the top of the hill on the right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.