Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Track Night San Antonio Raceway 10/19/2012

12K views 133 replies 9 participants last post by  boostdfocus 
#1 ·
We are doing a track night in San Antonio on Friday the 19th!!! We are taking the Dreamspeed focus crew Toms Saleen, Justins ST, James' Fucus and the Roush and a handfull of our other club cars! And hopefully by then Jason will be back in a focus!!!! Plan is to roll out that night from Austin around 530 so that the cars have time to cool down before we start to run. Would be cool to see some other foci out that night! More details to come.

#9 ·
Well now after really looking at my schedule I have to work the night before. So that would mean little sleep + long drive + fun = TX round up all over again lol. It's also in between when I get paid. I'll have to wait till pay day and see what's left. Do you know how much it is to race? If you can get some prices for me that would help me with the budgeting and planning. Oh crap now it seems like I'm going or going to try to go now. See what you started Tom lol

#13 ·
Thanks, Tom took a video of my car the last time we were at the track. I easily ran a 15.8. Now I have cams, SVT, and I'm sure a few other things that will surely net me a mid 15. Or that's what I'm hoping for. One of these days I'll finish the car up with the head work it badly needs. It's all I have left to do then it will basicly be a full n/a build. [burnout]

It would be nice if you can come out Paul.

Its a 1/4 mile Travis.
Yes! I'm not a big fan of 1/8 mi tracks.

It's going to take some convincing to the wife. I haven't talked to her about it yet. I'm going to talk to her about it tomorrow so wish me luck.

#15 ·
Well I couldn't wait and asked the wife, she said she's not sure so we'll have to wait and see how the funds and my wife's willingness to go. I know she's been wanting to go there. Just now sure if she wants to go there racing?

#21 ·
I would like to make it out there also to meet other focus guys. I think i might try.

#22 ·
Well I guess you can count me out. My t-belt tensioner let loose last night, I think I broke another motor mount, and my starter is now stuck on. Sorry guys, this was looking real promising too since the wife wasn't against it. So now I have two foci down [V]

#26 ·
Well I definitely can't make it now. When the mount went it took out a few other things with it. I bent my exhaust and whacked the power steering rack something fierce as it's now leaking. Sorry guys, all funds are going into getting a car back on the road. Can't have two foci down at one time for too long ya know? Here is a pic of what happened to my mount. Split it on the back and front bushings..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.