Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?

727K views 1K replies 388 participants last post by  antbarlow76 
#1 ·
Just wondering what features, tips and tricks people have found since owning?

For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu. Holding again for 5 seconds returns you to normal operation.

Salesman didn't know that the SE has a line in for mp3 players. Inside glovebox on top.

#1,276 · (Edited)
Just 2 question i read about here in this thread and cant find an answer:

1) How to change the LED color of the ambient light in my 2012 Titanium?
2) Where to enable/disable autolock? It seems like my car does not lock automatically when driving.

Edit: I answer #1 myself. I cant. Its always red only. No button or anything to change color.

#1,283 ·
My problem is the opposite. I can't shut autolock off. There is are several threads here that document other people who either can't shut it off or can't turn it on. My dealer was able to shut mine off, but when I disconnected and reconnected the battery it turned on again. Next time I go to the dealer I am going to ask them to reflash the body control module. Maybe that will help.

#1,284 ·
I noticed yesterday, while my phone was in Bluetooth Audio Mode with my phone, and while the phone was using Pandora...that I could still control Pandora (I hit Forward), even though the Mobile Apps mode wasn't on. Thought that was really useful.

#1,286 ·
Not to bring up fog lights again, but in my '14 SE, the fog lights stay on with the lights in auto mode if they were on when I shut the car off. I guess Ford IS listening to us after all!

#1,294 ·
Heh, yea, i had that problem too... My old mustang was pull to flash, pull until it clicks for high beams...

Sent from SGH-I747M Via Tapatalk 4

#1,295 ·
I forgot to mention, if you go into the menu for the Sirius, you can set alerts for artists or songs and a message will pop up on the display if one of your songs/artists comes on a station you're not listening to giving you the option to switch to that station just as the song starts. My roommate had a stand alone Sirius player back when sat radio was first launched that did this, we called it the "beep beep", I was so excited when I realized my radio did this!

#1,302 ·
Yep. I'll do a quick tap of the brake when approaching a red light, off-ramp, etc. so the DCT downshifts in Sport all the time.

#1,307 ·
Song selection

This thread is so long I can't remember if this has been mentioned: I have a USB drive installed with thousands of mp3 song files that I usually just play on shuffle, but if I want to hear a particular song or artist, I just click the steering wheel voice command paddle and say "Play <song title>" or "Play <artist>", and it will quickly search for the song and play it. Surprisingly accurate, too.

#1,310 ·
I am infinitely jealous. I so wish the Diesel Focus was available in the US, especially with the 6 speed manual transmission.

#1,311 ·
I would love the 6sp manual but with how cheap gas is right now in America i dont see a point to a diesel anymore.

#1,312 ·
"right now". Gas prices fluctuate; and they are up more than they are down.

Either way, there's also the advantage of torque and general reliability of diesel engines. Plus; I just like them!

#1,313 ·
Here's one. If you want to turn on your headlights while the key is in the off position or there's no key in the ignition at all just hold the high beam switch until it beeps (like 1 second) and the lights come on. I believe this turns on ONLY the H11 headlight bulbs.

#1,316 ·
A more permanent fix for you, if you want. With the car running, use the left 5way to go to Settings, lighting, hdlamp delay and turn it off. That setting controls how long the headlights stay on after you turn the car off.

#1,317 ·
But it only gives you a minimum of 20 seconds. It's either that amount of time up to 60 seconds (I believe) or full manual switch shut off. I wish there was a no delay option for the auto headlights.

#1,320 ·
So I checked and mine has Manual, 20, 40, 60. I set it to manual this morning and left the switch in the Auto position. We'll see what happens tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.