Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I cant get my analog outs working with the Xcal

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  PSUrivie 
#1 ·
I had it working a coupe months ago but i was just reading it from the tailpipe not mounted in the exhaust. I forgot what i did to get it working.

What should i get from the wideband to the SCT? is it 5V?

When i setup the wideband it shows the "LC1" on the monitor but its just stuck at "7" it doesnt seem to move.

The innovate software has a setting you can change the analog outputs i think it changes the voltages also. Should they be on "lamda" or "AF/R"

#3 ·
Well i guess it wasnt the connection problem its the livelink or something. I can log threw the SCT using the datalogging section but i cant datalog threw livelink. I cant get the wideband to show up as an item to log in the data logging list. I know its working though because it works finerew the SCT datalogging.

#5 ·
There is but it doesnt seem to read right. If i check the box next to the analog 2 the guage needle appears to be moving right but i think the display is set wrong or set to volts?

I think when my incar gauge reads 14.7 the livelink says somthing like 2?

#7 ·
Bower have you gone in your live link to commands , then on the right in the box chose the wide band you have then apply channels and got something like this "(v*2)+10"

Then make sure your gauge and log air fuel is the same if not you will need to make some adjustements to the equation

Tom

#8 ·
i think i was looking for something else.

When you log using the SCT and then upload it to livelink it adds a new line and says "LC1" i was looking for that for some reason not looking at the "analog 1-4" as being the inputs from the wideband.

I think i figured it out now but i havnt set the correct analog equation.

Can i remove analog 1-3 and 4 and maybe rename the analog 2 to LC1?

#10 ·
I got it finally you guys just have to beat it into my head i guess.

For some reason livelink was locking up and not showing the live data as i was logging with the laptop. You can see the digital gauges and the data lines and stuff, it wasnt showing that. Then when it did work i was thinking "LC-1" would show up at the bottom like it does when you log threw the SCT.

I forgot about the 1-4 analog lines up top.

I didnt know you had to change anything in live link to get it to display properly. I just figured that duratec data log list had all the settings.

It seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks for all the help!

Now to see if Tom can do anything with the datalog

#11 ·
Its not all that easy to do all this IMO. Im glad i got it all figured out though.

wideband issues, bung location issues, 02 removal issues, the firewire thing, then putting it all together and making it work to create one file with everything working.

I hope its worth it.[:(]

I chose the innovate wideband which is finiky itself then uses a serial port more crap to cause conflicts.

#12 ·
It's worth it man! After you do a few logs, it's not that hard to set up. If you make a PID list before you log, save the configuration. That way next time you log you can just reopen that configuration instead of going through the PID list every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.