Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?)

47K views 103 replies 65 participants last post by  dutd33 
#1 ·
Please post how much everyone is paying for their MK3 Focus. This will be useful for new members looking to purchase.

Include any special purchase plans, incentives or rebates. Also if you are paying at or below invoice please include that as well.

#6 ·
White Plat 5dr Titanium with Nav. Standard employee promotional price same as the website. They charged me a $500 admin fee which is obviously bullshit, but, the dealership is 50 steps from my house. Didn't want to start things off on the wrong foot.

The deal was already awesome anyways.

#7 ·
2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium Hatchback 401a, Luxury Package, Navigation.

26,498 after employee pricing.

#8 ·
I just put in a 1,000 deposit and signed a contract with a dealership. I had not planned on finalizing anything on that day and they told me my the deposit is all refundable.

The ford.ca website shows a destination allowance of $1000 and an employee discount of $2165 with a total discount of $3165.

The dealership gave me a $3610 discount, but they charged a $495 documentation fee and a $385 globali.com registration fee.

1. Is this a good deal, considering I'm paying $50 more than the website price due to the documentation fee (not considering the globali fee)?
2. They mentioned that if for any reason I don't like the car, I can have my deposit back, but is it too late to remove the globali registration? They didn't explain it to me well and it seemed like they just "snuck" it into the paperwork.
3. Would you have any information on the invoice price in Vancouver, Canada for the following: 5-door hatch SEL, 301A (Audio Package), Luxury Package, Navigation, and 64R 17" Alloy Wheels? Is that something I can ask my sales rep for?

Thanks so much in advance.

#9 ·
I usually tell them to cram the documentation fee up their ass however, it would seam that it all evened out for you.

#10 ·

2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback
Platinum White Metallic Tri-Coat
Parking Technology Package
Luxury Package (Leather + Moon Roof)
Block Heater (a must in Winnipeg--duuuuuhhhh )
=
$25,929 (including delivery) + taxes/doc fees

SAVED: $3,420!
MSRP was $29,349 (including delivery)

#11 ·
2012 Candy Red Ford Focus HB Titanium
- Style Interior Trend Pkg
- Parking Pkg
- Vision Group
- Block heater
- Std 17" alum. wheels
- Navigation
- Moonroof

$24,879 (all incl. before taxes) + HST

Thank you Ford for bringing this beauty over! (This will be the 1st Ford purchased in 2 generations/+3 decades of our family!!!!)
[driving]​

#12 ·
Is that including delivery??? How did you get all that for such a low price?

#14 ·
2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback
White Platinum
Equipment Group 401A
Parking Technology Package
Luxury Package
18" Alloy Wheels
Block Heater (I didn't ask for it. Guess it's a given here)
Navigation System
Total MSRP: $30,809.00 (includes delivery)
Discount: $4,020.00
Sub-Total: $26,789.00

Purchased:
5/100 Extended Warranty (0$ deductible)
5/100 Maintenance Package

Added:
Tinted Windows (needs to be redone)
Thule Roof Rack (got to pick up, they don't know how to instal)
Cargo Area Protector
Moulded Splash Guards front/back
Remote Start (needs to be installed)
Chrome or Stainless Tip (needs to be installed)

Admin & OMVIC Fee

New sub-Total
$30,662.00
Taxes: $3,986.06

#15 ·
Awesome the car itself is pretty close to the one I factory ordered!

#19 ·
I guess we are pretty much the same Guimpy since you got the 18" wheels. ps the block heater is not included as far as I know. I also wanted the splash guards but they told me they look bad on this model. How much (if available separately) did you pay for Extended Warranty and ESP? My quote ESP quote is $1,450. for 6 Years, 120,000 K, 0 deduct. Did not asked for Ext. Warranty yet.

#20 ·
Extended Warranty I got for 1580$, no deductible 5yrs/100,000, plus taxes.

ESP I got for 1610$, 5yrs/100,000, plus taxes.

Had I found this forum beforehand I might have bought differently but I'm still happy with what I got. If you plan on getting these, I'm sure you can bargain for better prices. I wasn't ready for it when they've presented the options to me.

The Block Heater is an option that can be added for $80 I think. I got it but didn't ask for it (was on the car already). I never use the thing.

Moulded Splash Guards doesn't look bad on the Ti. I wouldn't go for the flat ones but the moulded ones I like. I find it finishes the car. I think there are some picutres from another member on here.

#22 · (Edited)
For some reason the Search option is disabled - looked up the Gallery and found these. I'm sure there are more but my PC is too slow and my patience has run short...lol

Really it is for protection rather than for looks. I've had a car without mud guards and the rear was damaged from road/tire spray. What other "decent" looking options are there? IMO you can't go wrong with the moulded guards.

#24 ·
Hi, I paied for mine a total of 28k before taxes.

#25 ·
2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium Hatchback 401a, Luxury Package, Navigation,parking,17 printed rim, 3 year lease, 411 tax in....is that good deal?

#26 ·
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.

#31 ·
Don't know how much this will help anyone, but I found a 2012 Focus Titanium sedan on eBay in New Jersey. It had 1521 miles on it, as well as:

Titanium Premium Package 401A (Leather seats, reverse sensing, auto-dimming rearview mirror)
Winter Package (heated front seats & outside mirrors)
Navigation

I haven't picked it up yet, but it's going to cost me US $20,269 ($20K + $269 in dealer fees). In addition, it'll cost me CDN $220 (Registry of Imported Vehicles fee) + 13% tax on the $20,269 amount (converted to CDN $) when I bring it in (5% at the border and 8% when I license it) to Canada.

#34 ·
2012 Focus SE 5 spd manual, w/sport package, tuxedo black, winter package, 203A, 17" painted/machined wheels, tuscany leather for $23,500 minus 2,000 allowance minus 750 safety credit for $20,750 incl delivery plus taxes/fees.

On average, it looks like dealer cost is 1500-1700 less than MSRP for decently optioned SEs and SELs. Not a huge markup but certainly no reason why you should have to pay full sticker price. I never looked into Titaniums but I imagine there's a higher profit margin on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.