Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Need some info From other 2nd Gens running HID with the Projector Headlights

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryokuro 
#1 ·
Ok for all of you guys running HID with the projector headlights I got a question Concerning the Highbeams. as you know there is a little motor or something that actuates when you go from low beam to high beam.
I picked up the 6000k HID kit with single beam bulbs. I was planning to run my inverters off the H9 plug comeing out of the light assembly that would normally be plugged directly to the halogen bulb and then looping back to my xenon bulb , im going to be running G4 inverters im curious if ill have any issues when I go to engage my highbeam I know my light wont get brighter then lowbeam given I didn't get the Hi/Lo bulb but will I have a issue with the motor still switching between low and high in the projector housing ?
im thinking ill be ok but im curious if anyone else is running a single beam setup in their projector housings and if you all have run into any issues Ill need a heads up on before installing my system. im also concerned about the extra power between low and high beam going to my inverter and weather ill be burning out my inverter when im using the high beam.
I guess I just want to be good and prepared before my setup arrives
thanks in advance
Jeremy

#2 ·
If I read what your saying correctly you should be good. I'm running single beam bulbs in mine. If I'm correct thats what you need. Essentially when you switch from low to high the motor flips or whatever and it lets out more light. So no it wont get brighter but it lets more light out and higher. Also on your stock set up it never truly gets brighter, the beam just aims higher hence why its called high beam.

#3 ·
I think everyone with the eagle eyes is running a single beam H9 HID bulb. Just have to have a harness for the h13. I haven't had any problems and the high beam lever moves a selenoid on the head light making it *brighter* but in reality it just stops blocking a section of the projector developed to prevent blinding oncoming drivers

Hope that helps.

Also I did just switch the fuse on my harness since it was melted but the bridge was fine (cheap Chinese fuses do this). Other than that no problems with the headlights

#4 ·
Yepp. Blade is right. If you have the H13 harness like me because you put hi/lo H13 HIDs in your stock housings, you'll have working high beams with the eagle eyes. You just have to jump two wires together. I just ordered up some weatherpack connectors and I'm just going to feed two wires into one end of the plugs and get rid of the vampire clips. I have a loose connection from the H13 harness I need to fix.

Here's the wires you need to jump from the CAR harness:

Jump the black w/green stripe wire to the black wire on the projector housing, and the yellow wire to the white wire on the connector housing. This is on the driver side, and are the only two wires you need to jump together to get high beams on BOTH sides.

#5 ·
I know its been a few years but i just got these lights. Not too good with wiring so i took this pic. Are these the set of wires that need spliced together for high beams to work? Odd thing is that my passenger side the blue, white, and black set is connected to the factory plug - and highs kick on for a second before going dark, nothing on the driver side

Attachments

#6 ·
Yes sir, that's correct. That yellow wire with the brown tracer goes to the white wire on the headlight, and the black wire with the green chaser goes to the black wire on the headlight. The blue one from the headlight is untouched. Your passenger side setup is done correctly as well. Not sure why it would go out.

Where did you get your HID kit from?

#8 ·
Bored at work, it's what I do. I had the special harness because I was running HIDs in stock housing for a little before I got the projectors. That harness makes it a little easier to run the HIDs in the projectors as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.