wheel world question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
follown
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83711
What I Drive: 2005 black zx4, 2004 tahoe z-71

FF Reputation: 1 follown Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
wheel world question

Finally able to get new wheels, but I have a question. I want the sparco assetto gara's but after doing some research and finding that they are gravity cast and also finding that as far as quality goes this is on the low end of manufacturing. So my question is for those of you that have them or have had them (or any other lightweight gravity cast wheel) have you had issues with bending etc.? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
they are holding up just fine for me, great bang for the buck. Sparco is an OZ company, not made the same of course but good parent company. You can search for those wheels on google and find other forums with people running them on their wrx, st, cooper s, vw's ect...

So go read some reviews from there as well, those folks are usually harder on wheels than the average focus driver (In my experience, its usually curbs and potholes that are the enemy lol.)

If you want something stronger that is still light, similar style and have the budget, check out Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 or some O.Z. Ultraleggera's. For the cost, color offerings, and weight the Sparco's are a value, just decide what sort of wheel you want
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
as someone who ran a set of rotas for years without an issue, those are fine. ignore the wheelsnobs
Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
PCA-1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109495
What I Drive: 2002 Focus ZTW

FF Reputation: 2 PCA-1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels are on sale here on the forum. Note the Pro Race 1.2 is a premium low pressure cast, heat treated, and shot peened. This level of casting processes is greater than any OZ wheel (for much less) short of their flow formed wheels. As well, these wheels can be found not only on the street but also being used by race teams in the British Touring Car Championship and the World Touring Car Championship to name a couple. Wheels are manufactured in the UK.

As to durability/reliability, I have been selling the Pro Race 1.2 since 2009 and have had zero issues reported, none, and that includes many track days. I am not saying the wheel is indestructible, but am accurately reporting first hand experience.

Look here for the specials for the 00-11 Focus.

Any questions, please let me know.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
mainest
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60163
What I Drive: '04 Red Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 7 mainest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^Excellent, light, strong wheels, and an A-1 seller. I highly recommend both!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->