Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#326 ·
As long as it's V3.0.2 or V3.2.2, yes. They pulled the V3.2.2 update, so even if you did or didn't install V3.2.2, the only way it'd be out of date is if you had V2.10 or V2.11 software.

#330 ·
So I chatted with an online SYNC person tonight. I asked what was being done to solve the update issue. She said they've recently began to recieve feedback about the issue....but I should take the car to my dealership and they should be able to fix it...

HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE???????

They've pulled the update, have offered not one attempt on the official website to explain what's going on, yet MY DEALER CAN FIX IT?????

So, tell me everyone....has your dealer fixed the issue?

#331 ·
So far I don't see anything with 3.2.2 that's worse than 3.0.2 and I haven't had much to complain about either way. After doing the update 2 days ago I've:

1. Connected my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

2. Plugged in a 32GB thumb-drive with 16GB of music -- works as before -- no problem

3. Sent a destination from the "Destinations App" and that worked as it should.

4. Climate control works but I haven't attempted to make any climate changes through the touch screen or voice commands -- I'll test that tomorrow.

I have another phone, my company iPhone (iP4), and I have not yet attempted to connect that in addition to the SGNexus -- has anyone tried to connect two phones at the same time?

Brian

#335 ·
Another quality Ford update... I bet you they are they laughing stock of the auto business right now. My wife's Dodge is still running original OEM non updated software and has yet to have a single glitch.

#348 ·
My thoughts exactly! No information, no nothing. I would think they could at least say "we made a mistake and we are working on it". Nope nothing at all! [8]

#351 ·
I keep picking up rumors here and there on various websites, I.E. SMK Owner to Owner, and there was even someone here that posted a discussion with someone from Ford about a completely new revamping of the MFT system. I'll see if I can find that post but the point is. If Ford really is planning to scrap the MFT for a completely different OS/Design, etc. Maybe that's why they haven't come forward to announce any major plans to fix a lot of the issues were having. Like fixing a few minor things on the 3.22 just to shut people up while they continue to work on the big release.

Would be a nice thought right?

#352 ·
I remember that thread. The problem is that a new OS won't fix incompetence, it will just be a new OS with new problems.

For one thing Ford needs to stop ignoring it's customers, that's a fundamental rule in business. And secondly, if they're going to be in the business of developing computer based solutions for their vehicles than they need to learn how to do it right. Hire real developers, real QA folks, and a project manager that truly understands the business of software development.

In the meantime, just admit that a mistake was made and give us an ETA for the fix, is that so hard?

#354 ·

Did the update, at first street name was not showing under compass, but after using navigation today it looks like the names are working now.

Not sure what people are missing on the Climate quadrant. I see just the two temperatures. I can't remember if there used to be something else there.

#358 ·
[/IMG]
Did the update, at first street name was not showing under compass, but after using navigation today it looks like the names are working now.
When you say "using navigation" were you just on the map screen or were you using it with an active route or routes set? It always comes back after a route is set. Every crash/reboot or master reset it will be gone again though and I can confirm this is still the case as I have already had to do a reboot since installing a couple of nights ago in order to get my Sirius traffic info back on the map. Sure enough, after the reboot, it was (and still is as I have not used an active route yet) gone.

#364 ·
Took my Focus in yesterday for the MFT issue (as well as 6 other things. Wrote a two page, highly descriptive letter, with pictures, explaining everything because I am sick and tired of them not fixing things due to it being "normal" or for whatever reason. They stated they were impressed with the detail and were able to recreate all the issues, so that's something). They stated that they were ordering a new APIM because the 3.2.2. version wasn't for the Focus, at least that's what Ford told them when they called. Told him it showed up on SMR and he said that was weird, but obviously wasn't sure why that would happen. (Pretty much word for word: "What happened was the update you flashed wasn't for the Focus and that's why you lost all those controls." "But it showed up as an update on SMR specifically for my car?" "Really? That's...I don't know why that happened, but we're going to go ahead and replace it with the latest version for the Focus and get you fixed up.") So I have to wonder if someone didn't push the update for the other vehicles to the Focus VINs on accident and people pulled it before they realized what happened. Oh well, maybe MFT will be all fixed now with the new hardware [rolleyes]

#368 ·
Didn't think to mention the working ones. Honestly wouldn't change anything and, to be fair, the guy was very new (pretty sure this is his first week) and my regular adviser has been out so I can't hold it against him.

#370 ·
This whole MFT is really ticking me off. I have V3.0.2 and it is acting so buggy. I have 12,000 songs on my usb drive and it keeps having to re Index the entire thing for no reason every week or so. It takes like 4 hours to completely index the whole thing. Now I am trying to update to the latest version of sync but it wont give me the option to download it until I have ran the "Status Checker'. Problem is I cant even get Status checker to work! So what do I do next? I get on the phone with Sync support and spend 10 minutes giving information and explaining the problem, she puts me on hold for 7 minutes then comes back on the line to tell me this information............. "Sorry for the wait, but I have just been informed that it is not possible for Focus Owners to update to the latest version, It needs to be performed at a Dealer, The Focus will not allow the user to do it" [rolleyes]

#384 ·
For anyone with the HVAC problem: Try accessing the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) test mode and see if you are getting DTC code C164_00.

C164_00: Lost Communication With HVAC Control Module

Test mode: Press and hold the OK button before turning on the ignition and continue holding it after turning on the ignition.

#386 ·
It adds the temperature display back to the main titlebar. That was the missing feature that caused gnashing of teeth of hundreds of people on this forum who were going to die if they had to tell the passenger the temperature.
[deviltail]

Tens of people spoke up as computer expert geeks who could have easily fixed it and were under dire circumstances. Doesnt make sense though because computer geeks don't usually have passengers.
[cool]

#394 ·
Well, took the risk and installed the new 3.2.2 update downloaded from the syncmyride website a few days ago (before they pulled it off for the second time). Wasn't sure what would happen on the Escape since MFT is the same as the Focus, but I didn't have a problem with the climate quadrant. Not sure what was truely fixed in this update, but the exterior temperature display is now back. All was well for 2 days but I should of known it was short lived. Thought I was making excellent time on my hour drive to work this morning, then I thought I should check my cell phone for the time. Son of a b[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*. POS system still cant keep time correctly. It was logging half the time, advanced 30 minutes for an hour drive. What a complete and utter joke this system is.

Ford --- after 3 years of this agonizing process of failed updates, it's time to throw in the gloves and start over. It's become a disgrace to the company and your customers.

#395 ·
OK, I installed the update (3.2.2) a few days ago and just as with 3.0.2 I have no major issues.

1. My phone pairs reliably

2. I have a 32GB thumbdrive with 16GB of music and it plays as it should -- Sirius and AM/FM works to (haven't tried BT yet)

3. Navigation works including download via Destinations

4. Climate works via manual controls, touch screen or voice

Why the difference?

Brian

#404 ·
If the update was truly corrupted then that would mean that there's no data integrity checks during the update process which a pretty damn scary thought.

It's likely that the update it was just improperly packaged. e.g. wrong package applied to the wrong part.

So I guess at this point I'll schedule a service appointment with my dealer to have the oil changed and the CC problem fixed since they're ignoring my emails and SMR won't answer my question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.