Focus Fanatics Forum banner

When did you change your timing belt?

When Did you change your timing belt

61K views 204 replies 141 participants last post by  SVTF119z 
#1 ·
Please vote when you did this.

If you haven't please post your current milage and when you plan to do this.
When can have a good informative thread fro us all if enough participate.

#2 ·
so i'm at 86,000 and will do it sometime before 100K
[poke]

#6 ·
Good tip thanks!

#9 ·
^Not bad
sounds like a decent dealer

#16 ·
I changed mine at 120k ... well because it failed on me.

Shame on me.

Luckily for me, it only jumped a couple of teeth and didn't damage the valves.

I do recommend changing it between 95K and 105K or before these times.

-Ray-

#20 ·
Hmmm. belts failing before 90k

#21 ·
I think you could use one last category to select: When purchased used........ as this is what I did. I wasn't sure of its history so I made sure I actually knew when it was done.

so in this case, it may have been done around....... 60-100k for all I know, but I know it was done at 106k.

edit: I didn't look at which "lounge" this was posted in...........HOWEVER if you can fit one more in I would recommend the one for when purchased.

#23 ·
Not a bad suggestion.
The purpose of the poll is gather data on how long belts have lasted as well as getting a "sweet spot" for change interval.
The 120K factory recommendation is looking like about 30 k too long

#22 ·
I bought my latest SVT with 78k on it. The original service dealership refused to disclose any maintenance or service information. For all I know, the belt had already been changed, but they wouldn't budge on sharing that information with me.

#24 ·
i'd be sweatin to do it at 120k. you just never know.

I was just thinking that would be better than people saying they didnt know......

#26 ·
Did mine at 91,000. Replaced water pump, pulley's and serpentine belt all at the same time. Did not want to take any chances. I can't believe the suggested interval is 120k.

#27 ·
How did your timing belt look? Any missing teeth?

#32 ·
???? that's pretty often I'm sure double that milage will be plenty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.