Focus Fanatics Forum banner

m3 mirrors for focus

12K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ProJect 03 SE 
#1 ·
Hi all i have just bought some electric m3 style mirrors with led lights for my focus but there are no instructions with them dose anybody know what the wires are i have got 3 wires red,white,black these have spade conectors on the ends the other 3 wires are blue,white,black these wires have round baynet conectors onthe ends also extention wires blue,white,black with round baynet conectors on i might be mistaken but could the blue,white,black wires be for the led lights has anybody got some mirrors with the same type of wireing if so could you please send me wireing diagram would be very greatful [?|]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Blue and White are for whatever you want the blinker to blink. I would test each one before actually wiring. Connect either to the white wire.
The red goes to red, and the black goes to black.
Then run the white/blue to your turns on the side and wire there.
Lemme find the thread for you, where we talk all about them......................
You also need a differrent bolt from home depot, the stock one is too big and will not fit.

#5 ·
m3 mirrors

the only problem im getting now is that ive got the lights working great but for the electric mirrors these only have 3 wires coming out but my ford mirrors off my car have 6 wires i know 2 of the wires are for my heating element on the mirror but i dont understand about the other 4 wires all i can think of is that there is 1 up , 1 down , 1 left & 1 right has any body came accross the same typ of wireing on there focus mirrors if so have you got the answer how to wire them up please[?|]

#6 ·
i dont have power mirriors and i want m3 mirrors do i have to have power to have the m3 mirrors?

#7 ·
m3 mirrors

you dont need to have power mirrors you can order normal mirrors they make them in all types power and none power

#8 ·
Re: m3 mirrors

iansfocus said:
the only problem im getting now is that ive got the lights working great but for the electric mirrors these only have 3 wires coming out but my ford mirrors off my car have 6 wires i know 2 of the wires are for my heating element on the mirror but i dont understand about the other 4 wires all i can think of is that there is 1 up , 1 down , 1 left & 1 right has any body came accross the same typ of wireing on there focus mirrors if so have you got the answer how to wire them up please[?|]

can this be done??????
i have left and right but no up down i just keep blowing fuses.[???:)] [mad]

#12 · (Edited)
Many of these folks can be answered by using a digital multimeter. Test for DC volts. Write down the colors of the stock harness on a piece of paper and next to each color you will write down what you see on the multimeter. Turn the ignition on and probe the white wire and the blue wire to see what they read. Their should be no voltage present. Turn your parking lights on and probe again. One of them will have constant power. Turn blinker on and probe again...voltage will show up and disappear. I had to do this to my headlights since the harnesses did not match up and they had the integrated blinker. They now work the way i want them to. I hope this helps. Multimeters are cheap at any parts store.

#13 ·
Hey guys hope you can hlpe me with the actual installation. Looking at the mirrors it appear that the kit is not direct bolt on. I have a larg bolt and a smaller torx screw. Is drilling nessesary to install these? The mirror has 3 holes to attach it to the door and I only removed two and it appears they dont line up at all? Please help guys, my oem mirrors are busted!

#16 ·
So I had bought a pair of these a few months back, started off just by using a 9v battery hooking any 2 wires up to the + and - ends to see the affect so then by the time you put them on you can have an idea of which is up down left and right. Then really simple just connect the wires one by one keeping the negative connected so when you push up it goes up or down so it goes down. Not too hard, but the biggest pain is once you get one side wired together you go to wire the other side the same way and find out that the wiring is different from one side to the other. Really simple, just very time consuming.

Not to steal the thread, but out of curiousity. . . I want m3 side mirrors, but with no lights, just the power mirrors. Anyone know where to get them? Cuz i've only seen the m3's with the blinker lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.