Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sorry, but...

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  King Hoonigan 
#1 ·
Hey, mk 2 owners,

I have to say it again. I love my mk 2. It is 4.75 years old. No probes. Looks great. It gets great gas mileage. The transmission is good. No squeaks. The only issue I had was the end leaks failed, but it was a quick fix at the dealer. All the praise the mk 3 gets from the reviewers do not translate to the owners. Nothing but complaints from the mk 3 owners. In fact, they have their own topic category to rants. I had a mk 1 and yes it is great, but the mk 2 NA model is simply perfected in terms of reliability and satisfaction. I figure over 3 million Focci were made before mine and it shows. Yes, my body panels do not fit perfect, but I don't care! I love Sirius. The car is tight as the day I bought it and if I go for a road trip I will get 38 mpg+ on the highway. Like a hybrid. Sorry for the positive rant!

Proud Owner aka 2008 Ford Focus!

#5 ·
Well though im glad you like your mk2 i would simply not own a Focus if it wasnt for my mk3. The looks are more aggresive and i have yet to have an issue with it. BUT YAY FOCUS POWA!!!

#6 ·
as long as we don't start an argument on here then that's fine with me

good to see, keep enjoying it

#11 ·
My 2008 is turning 5 next month and my story is the same as yours. No problems at all except for 2 sets of sway bar links the first year. A few creaks and squeaks and several sets of front brakes. High 40's for mileage on the highway. My 2012 seems like it won't be this reliable. No problems yet at 1 year and 10,000 km, but I have my fingers crossed. The MK2's are kind of Toyota like. Not flashy at all when stock, but a good reliable vehicle.

I plan on keeping the 2008 another 5 years. Let's hope it continues.

#12 ·
Yes. CanadianLarry, I agree with you. Toyota like. I am know way saying that the MK 2 is a great car, it is an appliance. I just appreciate it for what it is. It works for me. I only have 45,000 miles on mine and I have my original brakes, but I don't think I will be saying that after inspection. I gear down like a maniac and o my best not to use that darn middle pedal. The Mk2 NA model was the right design for 2008 for Ford. They needed to regroup financially and engineer-wise and now they are on track with the great MK3

#13 ·
Ill have to agree with the OP on this one![headbang] mine is still fairly new but I've had no probs so far, gets great mileage, and with a few mods is a blast to drive. And once my stage 2 kit ships and I get home it's gonna be an even more awesome ride! Nice to see some mk2 love amiss the st popularity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.