Focus Fanatics Forum banner

sweet video

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  mustang2focus82 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, I can do that with my RC cars. Pretty cool for Jap-ow-neese MUSCULE

#4 ·
Wow, that was insane. Lots of stuff going on with the motorcycle jumping and everything. jeez.

#5 ·
seen that vid before.. its a nice video.. drifting is so fun to watch.. I wish I had a rwd to learn how to do that mess.. I have drift bible on my computer, it teaches you how to drift, but no rwd car.. only a focus and a crx, guess I gotta get a 240 or a old corolla now.. haha

#6 ·
i can drift my focus on dirt easy, but im not gonna try on pavment. Its the most fun ive had in a car. I actually drifted (kinda) the last 2 runs of an auto-x cuz my back tires were flat, and i didnt have a way to fill them up. I got some attaboys from some of the rwd people, but my times sucked.

#7 ·
Ok, Im sorry but drifting is so ghey. #1, drifting is the slowest way around a turn - FACT! So, WHY WHY WHY do they think its some kind of skill? You get any car with mad power and you can kick the ass out. BFD. My Miata did that with the front bar on soft, rear sway on hard with the same adjustments with the Konis. I didnt wreck, can I be in magazines!?

The japanese guys like that fagola Tarzan Yamada or whatever they have in mags are tools. Its not like they have mad skills to go and win races...they just slide around all damn day and happen to not kill anyone. Soemtimes the get overzealous and loose it and screw up their cars....

Sorry, but I like to run as far as I can, hitting the brim of the road, following the racing line through the S, nailing the apex and ballin out.

Freakin morons. I hate drifting...so what if Im the only one...its just plain stupid.

But the cars are awesome! [thumb]

Id rather watch nascar...they wreck going a lot faster...thats just me though..

Sorry, had to vent..

#8 ·
LojackSVT said:
Ok, Im sorry but drifting is so ghey. #1, drifting is the slowest way around a turn - FACT! So, WHY WHY WHY do they think its some kind of skill? You get any car with mad power and you can kick the ass out. BFD. My Miata did that with the front bar on soft, rear sway on hard with the same adjustments with the Konis. I didnt wreck, can I be in magazines!?

The japanese guys like that fagola Tarzan Yamada or whatever they have in mags are tools. Its not like they have mad skills to go and win races...they just slide around all damn day and happen to not kill anyone. Soemtimes the get overzealous and loose it and screw up their cars....
It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever watched a mountain downhill race in Japan? Didn't think so. If you had you'd realized that drifting will blow your little "nascar" apex corner shit clear out of the water. The whole point behind drifting is to maintain close to the same high corner entry speed thoughout the entire curve. You try that slowing down for the apex shit, and I guarantee you'll have car running into your ass, or passing you...whichever comes first. Sure the whole "clipping the apex" idea works on nascar tracks, but you try that on the tight consecutive turns found in Japan's many downhill mountain tracks, and you'll clearly notice your disadvantage.

Oh, and BTW, I lived in Japan for 5 years, and watched 2 downhill races from the sides personally. Just thought I would clear that up.

Sorry, had to vent[rolleyes]

k, thanks

#10 ·
dwdgsi03 said:
It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever watched a mountain downhill race in Japan? Didn't think so. If you had you'd realized that drifting will blow your little "nascar" apex corner shit clear out of the water. The whole point behind drifting is to maintain close to the same high corner entry speed thoughout the entire curve. You try that slowing down for the apex shit, and I guarantee you'll have car running into your ass, or passing you...whichever comes first. Sure the whole "clipping the apex" idea works on nascar tracks, but you try that on the tight consecutive turns found in Japan's many downhill mountain tracks, and you'll clearly notice your disadvantage.

Oh, and BTW, I lived in Japan for 5 years, and watched 2 downhill races from the sides personally. Just thought I would clear that up.

Sorry, had to vent[rolleyes]

k, thanks
you gotta also remember that there are two different types of drifting, the one like you said, which is meant so that you go through the corner at a faster speed, thus having a higher exit speed, thus being faster (like in mario kart, when you hit the R button), and there is also show drifting, where the only point is to show off how much you can smoke your back tires, and spin around in circles. I believe you two are talking about the two different types of drifting.

#15 ·
initial d baby!!!!!!!,,,,,,drifting is hot and is an awesome skill,,,,anyone can get behind the wheel and mash the gas,,,,but to use every ounce of horsepower, torque and handling and ability of the car is a work of art,,,drifiting is like being one with the car ,,getting a machine that weighs a couple thousand lbs or more to move the way u want it to,,,,,,,just had to vent

#16 ·
I agree... Driftin' is not true race skills.... It is drivers that intentionally keep their car on the edge of control.... sounds like a ******TARDED way to "race" I have seen it... A true racer and race car is to maintain total control. Not skiddin' and spining out like some little RC P.O.S.

#17 ·
Well when that "driftin" is the faster way around a particular corner then it is a skill. And even still drifting is fun, looks cool and shows how you can keep a car on the edge without going "out of control"
If its not true race skills then what is the WRC?

#18 ·
CpmZX3 said:
I agree... Driftin' is not true race skills.... It is drivers that intentionally keep their car on the edge of control.... sounds like a ******TARDED way to "race" I have seen it... A true racer and race car is to maintain total control. Not skiddin' and spining out like some little RC P.O.S.
you dont understand do ya? when you drift you are in a controlled slide, going through the APEX of the turn. Its the fastest way through tight corners. A good drifter can take a corner marked at 25mph, at 80+mph. You are in control the whole time.

#21 ·
It all began with

G
#25 ·
look drifitng is gay as hell yes it takes skill but so does beign able to squirt milk out of your eye but who gives a f uck. mountian racign and drigitn is one thing but show drifin g wer eu just burns tires and try to look cool is stupid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.