Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 MTX-75 to 2013 B6?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  suss6052 
#1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if the ST 6 speed can be a direct swap into my 5 speed 2012 SE sedan? I've searched the internet and the forums and haven't had any luck finding any info. I don't know how much different the EcoBoost is compared to the NA 2.0. I'm mostly interested in doing the swap for fuel mileage on longer trips. I don't want to give up my manual trans. for a DCT. I'm sure the amount I pay for the B6 will take a long time to make me any money back but I'd still be willing to do it as long as it doesn't require too much custom fabrication work.

#2 ·
Um what is a "b6" The ST uses an MMT6, and unless the flywheel bolt pattern is the same it won't bolt up to the block. The ST's MMT6 is geared shorter than the DCT and therefore would get poorer freeway fuel economy as it was set up for performance.

Its easier to just trade your SE for the ST if all you want is a 6MT, as realistically it will never pay for itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.