Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to remove center console?

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Focus jake 
#1 ·
I was wondering how to remove the center console of a 5speed manual 07 Focus. I had left my diamond studs in the center compartment in front of the cup holder but one of them slipped out of my hands and down into the crack in front of the cupholders and it's been driving me nuts trying to get it. I never thought there would be an opening in front of the cupholders :(

I removed the two screws in the front cup holders as well as the 3 screws in the 2 cup holders in the back of the console and took off the shift knob but when I try to pull the console off it feels like it's tied down to something and won't come off. Is there a trick to taking it off? Do I need to remove one of the seats to do that?

Help is much appreciated!

#4 ·
that one shouldnt be holding the console on though... I've taken mine off once or twice and it was fairly straight forward.

Try this as a guide to getting it off, the pictures and screw locations might be helpful:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78498

Also, try just taking your shift knob/boot off. See if you can look down in there and see the loose bolt first. If so, you might be able to fish it out with some long needle nose pliers. If not, then proceed to the full removal of the console.

The biggest trick is the e-brake itself. Pull it up as far as you can, then it will just be a matter of massaging the console out.

#5 ·
Alright so I was able to get the middle part off but no luck finding my stud so far. How do I go about taking the rest of the center parts out? I'm trying to figure out how to take the lower part right in front of the cup holder but the black screws are locked into this piece of plastic that lets it spin around. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to take out the plastic piece that runs along both sides of the shifter and e brake.

I have today and tomorrow off so I'm gonna spend as much time dismantling it as I can haha. I'll be riding without the center console on for now in hopes that my stud will pop out during a bump or something in the meantime. Hopefully it's not caught under the carpet somewhere otherwise this is going to be a biotch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.