Focus Fanatics Forum banner

So i finally got beat at our track....

6K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  focuzed1 
#1 ·
Like it says I finally had a car show up that I couldnt catch no matter how hard I tried..

Not trying to make excuses but I think it would have been alot better of a race if I change my plugs.. The last 3 tanks I have averaged 17mpg at best.. And the car does feel a bit sluggish on the high setting.. Plus when I start it it runs a bit rough for a bit... Im going to change the plugs today and hope it goes back to running good again..

But back to the car that beat me.. Your gonna laugh.. Of all the cars i have raced.. Viper trucks, porsche 911 twin turbos, skyline gtrs, zo6 vetts, 600cc sport bikes ect.. ect... Not a one could catch me and suddenly I meat up with a yellow 1988 or 89 Volkswagon gti.. Ok now before you all have a heart attack he had it built with a vr6 swapped and boosted up to 12psi on a .82mm turbo.. haha.. He estimates around 350whp and 380-400 wtq.. its completely gutted without even crash bars just 2 seats. he also had d/rs on it and he told me with his drs he runs a 12.0 flat at about 117mph at Darlington.. Here I am full body car full interior with heated power recaro seats. full stereo system with a sub and even the spare tire in the back and on crappy street tires... But he still beat me heads up 4 times.. All by about .5 cars to 1.5 cars.. Even on the high setting I couldnt even start to real him in. He was damn fast.. He said his fastest time was 11.4 in the 1/4 on slicks... He said if I got some good tires he thinks id beat him.. but its finally official... My car is slow again...lol [bigcry]

See less See more
#41 ·
yeah, i picked up an svt for autocross/track only.
i'd definitely write a letter to try and get the svt moved to fsp, that would be awesome. even if i don't move up to street prepared.
ha, even if my car was fully prepped for dsp (any class for that matter) i would still get crushed by the competition, i just think it would be a blast to go out there, i've heard you learn SOOO much the week of nationals and i think it would be a great experience. plus, showing up with a crew of foci would be down right AWESOME!

#43 ·
that is way I never judge a car by its"cover" lol You will get him next time mate.

#45 ·
screw the torsen, i'll buy you a quaife!!

honestly, i'd be in favor of an SMR, SMF, & SMA class structure. that way you can really see who is the best in each type, because lets face it, an SM AWD car can get pretty gnarly. although in SM classes, money talks anyway!

#47 ·
... oooops, sorry to throw some curves into your 1320...LOL
i do plan to run at least one 1/4 mi. this summer just for shits&grins[woot] after i install my bigger turbo & 3" exhaust. hoping to get into the mid to high 13's. i suck at launching though and my alignment is set-up for the twisties.

#48 ·
oh.. i love twisties.. there just isnt really any close to me thats worth anything.. i deff want to learn how to auto cross.. my car club im in is called 3-d motorsports.. its suppose to encompass all types of driving.. drift/drag/drive... thats what the 3-d stands for.. so i can sort of drift and sort of drag now i need to learn how to sort of drive...lol..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.