Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Average Tint Cost

40K views 112 replies 65 participants last post by  saireah 
#1 ·
I'm planning on getting the windows on my FF tinted later this summer. Of those that have done it, what was the cost to do yours? Just trying to find out an average price.

Thanks

#2 ·
It depends on a myriad of factors, from the quality of the film to the quality of the installer.

You can get cheap died film installed for less than $200 usually, but the higher heat rejection films might be a bit more expensive.

Something like a geoshield dark matter film on all windows minus the front was around $300-350, maybe $450 all told with the front windshield done in a lighter shade, but that was supposed to be a higher end film.

Something like a LLUMAR, or 3M might only cost around 200-250, etc...

#3 ·
Thanks

I'll definitely want the higher quality because it looks like doo doo when I see cars driving around and it's bubbling and such. "Yo check out my tint job" ehhh...looks...good?

#4 ·
Window Tinting here is very popular for the obvious reason, so the prices tend to be competitive but there are the places that use poor quality materials and also do not use 2D plotters to cut out the film to a template matched to your car.

The only place I use is Tint King and have used them for years, they install Formula One LLumar films, typically it's around $200-250 to do a compact to mid-size on average.

They use to sell Courtalds Films, now called something else but all of them are owned by Eastman Chemical, I had one of my VW's done with it back in the 1990's, it held up fine for 15 years in the Florida sun and heat, still looked good when I sold it.

It pay's to buy the best you can afford, sadly I have not even gotten my Titanium tinted yet because I am not even sure I am keeping the car at this point.

#6 ·
Paid 180$ for my ex-gfs car to get tinted. It sucked and was poorly done. Found a different guy through Yelp.com for my vehicle and he did it for 220 out the door.

He did a great job and used a high quality llumar tint. Shop around, make phone calls. 220 or so apparently isn't a bad price at all.

#72 ·
Curious on these two items.

wondering what makes the tint ceramic? The reason I ask, the boarder around the windshield, back window, the defrost lines, and the window logos are all done in ceramic and you can't see threw them.

Mine was ~$150. 3M stuff, lifetime warranty. It was about $30 cheaper than I expected. Didn't get the windshield strip done. At the rate these windshields crack it probably isn't worth it.
This is the first time hearing about this, is this a common issue? What causes it?

#9 ·
I have Llumar and had 20% all around with the back window and sunroof done with 15% and got that out the door for $230;it was the same shop that tinted my Eclipse back in '95 so I feel good about my lifetime warranty.

#11 ·
i paid $220 for Llumar. rear window, back door and sail windows all 5% and drivers and passengers front 20%. just pick an installer that has been in business a while with lots of reviews. Also make sure they have a lifetime warranty on the film itself and instillation.

#13 ·
$200 for llumar at a Toyota dealer. They did a flawless job. The ford dealer wanted $230. I'd recommend checking out some car dealers, my theory is their management would never let a mediocre installer tint brand new cars before sale. It's built in quality control for you. I paid about $180 at a tint shop a few years ago and it was decent but there were some tiny bubbles that never fully want away.

#16 ·
The local guy I go to charges $140 or $160 including moonroof for sedans. I have 35 front and 15 everywhere else including moonroof. Front strip is double the AS1 line. He uses LLumar ATC with a lifetime warranty. Out of the 7 cars he has done for my family and I in the past ~15 years all were flawless and tinted all the way to the edge of the glass and have lasted the life of the vehicles never fading, turning purple or bubbling.

#23 ·
What shop is this? I've been looking around the area and will probably get it done the next time I'm down.

#18 ·
$125 for Llumar. The dealer had a local shop do it and I think they give them a good deal for volume business. Looks ok to me. Lifetime warranty so hopefully it won't turn purple and bubble!

#21 · (Edited)
$240 cash. 17% drivers/passangers windows, 7% all the way around the back. Sunroof and "sunstrip" on the windshield, also 7%. Lifetime warranty, had it fixed already once as it rolled up on the drivers window, they lengthened the tint at the front of the window so it wouldn't happen again, got me in as soon as I pulled in the parking lot and had no problem fixing it for me. Crystals Tinting, Barrie, Ontario, Canada.

#24 ·
225. He wasn't supposed to be at his shop in the suburbs, but made a special trip for me, so I bought him lunch too. So, figure, 235. 35% all around, darker on rear window (25%?), 5% banner on windshield.

Since when do cars not come with a some sort of tinting across the top of the windshield??

#25 ·
There is a guy here locally that will do any car for $150 using quality tint. My friend and his wife both got new Honda Accords last year and he did those and they look great. I am getting my (1) year old FF done on Friday.

It pays off doing good work as this guy is completely booked up three weeks out.

#27 ·
$175 for 20% on everything but the windshield, all hand cut, looks great inside and out.

Even the edges look like it came from the factory that way.
Global QDP, not dyed and has a lifetime warranty for bubbles and color change.

The owner said he would install 3M or a couple of other more expensive brands if I wanted to pay more, but its what's on his personal cars and his favorite film.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.