Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ZTW 03 wagon has 4 disc brakes???

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  YellerZX3 
#1 ·
I work at sears automotive as a tire tech and I worked on an 03 ZTW wagon yesterday that had stock 4 wheel discs... i was under the impression that the only rear disc stock for the focus were on either the SVTs up to 04 and the ST 05 and up... anyone know if the rear discs could be swaped from a ZTW 03 wagon to a 03 ZX3? or any other info on the wagon rear discs? thanks guys!

#2 ·
it probably has advance-trac, which included smaller disc brakes (compared to SVT or ST) and yup, theyll swap onto a normal focus, if you can find a set.

#3 ·
well its good to know theres another option out there for rear discs. do you happen to know how much smaller though? In the brake info sticky it just says the the SVT fronts are 300mm, and the SVT rears are 280mm. anyone know the size of the ST front and rear, ZX3 fronts, or the wagon (ZTW) rears? ill keep searching the web in the meantime.

#4 ·
2000-2004 non-SVT front = 260mm
2005+ all front = 280mm

I forget what the AdvancTrac rears size are. But I have a set on my car, and its an easy swap.

#5 ·
Rear disc on the pre mk1.5 non SVTs are a nice find. I happened to find the car I have on a lot and stapped it up.
People are still kind of suprised to see disc on the back of my car and usually the first question is "did you do the swap?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.